August 26, 2012
This week… 2517 commits, in 248 projects, by 246 happy hackers (and 522 were translation commits).
- Tim-Philipp Müller ported brasero to GStreamer 1.0.
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added an overlay for the creation of events in gnome-calendar.
- Kalev Lember ported ghex to GtkApplication.
- Paolo Bacchilega fixed file-roller to restore file attributes after extraction . (GNOME bug 682513)
- Xavier Claessens changed Empathy to not show offline contacts by default.
- In pango Behdad Esfahbod fixed bidi implementation with regards to Unicode 5.2.0 . (GNOME bug 590183)
- Clément Coudoin contributed a new Asia map level to gcompris geography activity.
- In libsoup Gustavo Noronha Silva added SoupMultipartInputStream, for handling multipart responses . (GNOME bug 656684)
- Steffen Macke improved shape export in dia, allowing to draw connection points with special shapes.
- In GTK+ Lars Uebernickel added support for action namespaces to GtkModelMenu.
- Rui Matos updated gnome-settings-daemon to apply XKB options . (GNOME bug 679075)
- Lionel Landwerlin added a zoom action to clutter . (GNOME bug 678427)
- Paolo Bacchilega added a new custom high quality scale function to gthumb.
- In gnome-clocks Seif Lotfy added support for storing edited alarms.
- The restyling of gnome-shell message tray has landed, Ana Risteska wrote about that in GNOME Summer Lovin’.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed gnome-font-viewer to load font names asynchronously.
August 19, 2012
This week… 2117 commits, in 193 projects, by 242 happy hackers (and 481 were translation commits).
- In libsecret Stef Walter added an extensive manpage for the secret-tool utility . (GNOME bug 681434)
- Kevin Anthony added CanSetFullscreen and Fullscreen properties to the MPRIS support of Banshee, bringing it to version 2.2 of the standard . (GNOME bug 681890)
- Jesse van den Kieboom added support for smooth scroll to gedit textsize plugin.
- In gnome-backgrounds Jakub Steiner pushed a new set of images, to refresh the set of extra wallpapers.
- Meg Ford added a new Properties dialog to gnome-documents.
- Alexander Larsson converted EggListBox from vala to C.
- Ondrej Holy contributed support for “natural scroll” to the mouse gnome-settings-daemon plugin . (GNOME bug 659498)
- Vivien Malerba migrated libgda from libgnome-keyring to libsecret.
- Arth Patel replaced the lex/bison parser of gcalctool by a new hand-written parser.
- John Stowers made it possible for gnome-tweak-tool to configure shell extension preferences.
- Behdad Esfahbod merged his harfbuzz (a text shaping library) branch into pango.
- In evolution-ews Milan Crha implemented the “Subscribe to folder of other user” feature.
- William Jon McCann pushed a new background panel into gnome-control-center . (GNOME bug 676539)
- Marc-André Lureau added a GNOME Shell search provider for gnome-boxes . (GNOME bug 681246)
- Felix Riemann added a new plugin to eog to disable the use of the dark theme variant . (GNOME bug 675918)
July 24, 2011
This week… 1607 commits, in 160 projects, by 208 happy hackers (and 269 were translation commits).
- Damien Lespiau added a “camera” background type to pinpoint, “It’s awesome, it lets you put pull your webcam into your presentation.”
- Gtkhtml was fixed by Matthew Barnes to get font settings from gsettings, not gconf. (GONME bug 655002)
- Richard Schwarting added much documentation to the gxml library.
- Ryan Lortie added new keyfile-based “dump” and “load” commands to the dconf cli tool.
- Felix Riemann modified the map eog plugin to parse coordinate tags directly from the EXIF data . (GNOME bug 654650)
- Some more Chinese poetry has been added to Pango test suite.
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented a first iteration of an inline preview into gnome-documents.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gitg to show “gravatar” when changing the revision.
- Nohemi Fernandez added a fullscale keyboard to Caribou, extending the US touch layout by including keys from the hardware keyboard (ie. Ctrl/Alt, etc).
- Workarounds for Microsoft Excel ODF bugs were made in Gnumeric by Andreas J. Guelzow.
- Robert Bragg added ColorMask support to Cogl, a color mask being a bit mask defining which color channels should be written to the current framebuffer.
- Support for new org.gtk.GDBus.C.UnixFD annotation has been added into gdbus-codegen by David Zeuthen.
- Paolo Bacchilega improved gthumb interaction with file-roller, now allowing to drop files from file-roller and get them extracted into the gthumb file list.
- Jonathan Matthew replaced the metadata and encoder backends in Rhythmbox by GstDiscover, a decodebin2-based pipeline, and encodebin, fixing too many bugs to list in the process.
- Arx Cruz added HTML support (via webkitgtk) into the –text-info option of zenity . (GNOME bug 598655)
May 1, 2011
This week… 2045 commits, in 208 projects, by 235 happy hackers (and 438 were translation commits).
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added a map vto view the geographical position where the picture was taken.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed sushi to remove the window title when going fullscreen.
- Gioavanni Campagna added a new “Removable Drive Menu” extension for gnome-shell, this adds a menu in the system status area that tracks removable disk devices attached and offers to browse them and eject/unmount them . (GNOME bug 647027)
- Hans Breuer worked on updating the dia manual to match recent changes . (GNOME bug 632660)
- Alberto Ruiz went on adding gobject introspection annotation to functions in pango.
- In GNOME Settings Daemon Bastien Nocera simplified the NTP handling for distributions.
- Guillaume Desmottes refactored the usage of Telepathy in GNOME Shell, porting it to TpBaseClient . (GNOME bug 645585)
- Also in GNOME Shell Giovanni Campagna updated the network menu to keep wireless networks in a predictable ordre . (GNOME bug 646580)
- Shaun McCance added some basic Mallard conditional processing to Yelp.
- Epiphany status overlay was updated by Alexandre Mazari to slide out when the mouse pointer goes close by . (GNOME bug 643909)
- Felix Rieman switched eog to use lcms2 for colour management.
- GNOME Terminal has been updated to use gsettings for proxy settings, by Christian Persch . (GNOME bug 647077)
- John Stowers greatly improved shell theme selection and installation in gnome-tweak-tool.
- Sébastien Granjoux added the possibility to change directory group properties in Anjuta.
- Jonathan Matthew removed the old plugin system of rhythmbox, completing the switch to libpeas.
December 27, 2009
This week… 1776 commits, in 177 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 279 were translation commits).
- This was hackfest week for Epiphany, WebKitGTK+ (and other related modules), go and read Xan Lopez and Gustavo Noronha summaries. Or read on for my particular pick…
- Benjamin Otte added support for favicons the the epiphany tabs-reloaded extension.
- Content-Encoding support landed in libsoup (GNOME bug 522772)
- Custom user-agent support has been added.
- There is a new info bar widget at the top of the web view, used to ask if credentials have to be saved.
- Maxim Ermilov added command and path completion to the Alt+F2 dialog of GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 597677)
- Also in GNOME Shell Colin Walters added an extension system, there is no UI yet, it will come later . (GNOME bug 599661)
- Johan Dahlin added a Makefile.introspection file to gobject-introspection, to be used by other projects, and modified pango and gtk+ to use it.
- After some discussion on nautilus-list and gnome-shell-list, Alexander Larsson changed Nautilus to use its browser mode by default.
- The GNOME Terminal preferences dialog got a new “unlimited scrollback” option (GNOME bug 599443).
- After a comment in last week digest edition, Paolo Bacchilega changed File Roller to use AES128 instead of AES256 as encryption type.
- Libgnomekbd got a new GkbdStatus widget implementing a status icon, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote about it in kbd stuff going threezero.
May 17, 2009
This week… 1925 commits, in 174 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 183 were translation commits).
- libgnomekbd and gnome-power-manager have been converted from libglade to GTKBuilder.
- Vino got ported from libdbus to dbus-glib, as a first step towards integration with the Telepathy framework . (GNOME bug 580464)
- In GTK+ the GtkLabel gained the possibility to show hyperlinks, that feature was previously provided SexyUrlLabel . (GNOME bug 508810)
- Also in GTK+ a printing backend using PAPI, as found on OpenSolaris, has been added (to both master and 2.16 ) (GNOME bug 382676)
- Support for annotations landed in Evince, it requires libpoppler 0.11 (GNOME bug 315002)
- Empathy added a fullscreen mode for video playback . (GNOME bug 580771)
- Behdad Esfahbod merged his harfbuzz-ng branch into Pango.
- The Volume Control has been updated to show high-level channel mapping string for each devices, this gives pretty names such as “Surround 7.1″ or “Stereo” ; (GNOME bug 581921).
- After a discussion on desktop-devel-list Robert Carr created a new gnome-js-common module, to share code and tests between Seed and GJS.
- In Seed a new module to bind Cairo has been developed.
- Alexander Larsson imported gnio (socket and networking support) into glib.
- Much work happened (and is still ongoing) in Orca to refactor the speech and braille generators . (GNOME bug 570658)
February 1, 2009
This week… 1687 commits, in 167 projects, by 184 happy hackers (and 391 were translation commits).
- In Conduit, John Stowers added a new dataprovider that changes the desktop wallpaper, and suggests connecting to a flickr RSS feed…
- Sound Juicer media support has been ported from libnautilusburn to libbrasero-media . (GNOME bug 567286)
- After much testing Behdad Esfahbod removed the ClassDef->Defined field in Pango, and the associated special-handling code; he wrote “The special-casing was consuming lots of memory. EIGHT MEGABYTES for loading DejaVu Sans! While this could be complete fixed, I decided to remove the special-handling code altogether. I don’t think it will make any real difference, and if it does, we’ll fix fonts.”; in another commit he also saved over 2000 alloc calls when loading DejaVu Sans.
- Deskbar got an OpenSearch module . (GNOME bug 528184)
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented write support for the ObexFTP gvfs backend . (GNOME bug 519071)
- Following libnotify acceptance as an external dependency, Empathy got support and will now show a popup notification when receiving a new message.
- Ryan Lortie added _async functions for GDataInputStream (async versions of read_line and read_until ). (GNOME bug 568575)
- file-roller got ported to use gtkbuilder instead of libglade.
- A good bunch of memory leaks were fixed in brasero.
- The Volume Control balance widget got updated to use the new GTK+ scale marks.
- Banshee got a basic clutter UI for rendering the video texture from the clutter sink in the media pipeline.
- Theppitak Karoonboonyanan went on building modules out of their source trees and filed bugs and patches against those failing, many of those issues are already fixed (in gnome-settings-daemon, Ekiga, Brasero and gnome-keyring).
- Callum McKenzie finally killed the last bit of libgnome in gnome-applets; and returned the mixer applet.
- Long standing GTK+ bug (lastly spotted in a post on Planet Gnome by Ruben Vermeersch) got nailed with a patch from Simos Xenitellis . (GNOME bug 162726)
- Rhythmbox improved its handling of transcoding format selection for MTP devices, now preferring MP3 over M4A/AAC . (GNOME bug 567524)
- Pavel Kostyuchenko work on Anjuta/Glade3 integration (part of GSoC, see project his proposal) finally got commited . (GNOME bug 542412)