September 9, 2012
This week… 2896 commits, in 281 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 1186 were translation commits).
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to allow scaling images before uploading to FlickR or PicasaWeb.
- Marek Kašík landed the redesign of the “new printer” dialog of gnome-control-center.
- Jean Bréfort fixed the import of multiple paths shape elements in gnumeric ODF plugin.
- In clutter Emmanuele Bassi added interpolation for matrices, making it possible for :transform and :child-transform to be animated.
- In pygobject Simon Feltman added a Signal class for adding and connecting custom signals . (GNOME bug 434924)
- Phillip Wood contributed support for composer tags to sound-juicer, particularly useful for classical music . (GNOME bug 661646)
- Sébastien Wilmet switched latexila from CMake to autotools.
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-contacts to use libcheese rather than direct calls to gstreamer to take avatar photo.
- Giovanni Campagna fixed idle blank and sleep timeouts in the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin . (GNOME bug 668703)
- Thiago Santos updated Cheese to the GStreamer 1.0 API.
- William Jon McCann landed a new design for the “Connect to Server” dialog of Nautilus . (GNOME bug 682637)
- Jean-François Fortin Tam implemented a Media Library toolbar into Pitivi.
- Carlos Garnacho added GtkTextHandle to GTK+, a helper object to allow text widgets to implement text selection on touch devices.
July 29, 2012
This week… 1100 commits, in 198 projects, by 176 happy hackers (and 232 were translation commits).
- In Clocks Eslam Mostafa added support for reading and writing alarms to a ICS file.
- Marta Maria Casetti added comboboxes and toolbars pages and samples to gnome-devel-docs python tutorials.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a filter entry to the language page of gnome-initial-setup.
- Maxime Nicco implemented conversion between RVBA and HSVBA float to babl.
- In libsoup Dan Winship fixed the handling of timed-out SoupRequests in SoupSessionAsync.
- Sebastian Dröge ported sound-juicer to GStreamer 1.0 and changed the CD playback feature to use the playbin element.
- In evolution Dan Vrátil added a ‘Format as’ submenu to the preview pane context menu, that can be used to highlight source code . (GNOME bug 680026)
- Matas Brazdeikis added UI testing to Pitivi, using Dogtail.
- Xavier Claessens added optional support for Ubuntu Online Accounts to Empathy.
- Felix Riemann added an application menu to eog (GNOME bug 674938).
- Matthias Clasen added an example for handling app menu fallback to the set of GTK+ examples.
- In gnome-control-center Richard Hughes merged his rework of the WiFi part of the network panel.
- Paolo Borelli added ‘recent files’ support to baobab, making scanned directories are now listed on the “home page”.
July 22, 2012
This week… 1965 commits, in 176 projects, by 239 happy hackers (and 372 were translation commits).
- Aleksander Morgado ported devhelp to GtkApplication, and got it an application menu . (GNOME bug 677927)
- In libgdata Philip Withnall added support for downloading thumbnails of Google Documents documents . (GNOME bug 656970)
- Erick Pérez Castellanos added a week view to gnome-calendar.
- Dan Winship made glib-networking handle simultaneous operations, doing the handshake in a thread . (GNOME bug 656343, GNOME bug 660252)
- Jesse van den Kieboom merged the vala rewrite of gitg, it includes a nice diff view based on webkit.
- Jasper St. Pierre ported sushi to GtkApplication and gdbus . (GNOME bug 680221)
- In gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi added ‘find as you type’ while Anna Zacchi added a menu to the Preview toolbar.
- Marek Kasik added an “Options” dialog to the gnome-control-center printer panel, it allows users to set more options based on the printer PPD file.
- Emmanuele Bassi added step() and cubic-bezier() progress functions to clutter timeline object.
- In gnome-shell Giovanni Campagna landed the new screen shield, to replace gnome-screensaver when using the shell . (GNOME bug 619955)
- Also in gnome-shell Allan Day improved the calendar layout and legibitily.
- The advanced layer management functions that are being worked on by Paul Lange have been merged in pitivi . (GNOME bug 632319)
May 20, 2012
This week… 1593 commits, in 201 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 319 were translation commits).
- In Pitivi Jean-François Fortin Tam merged the ges (GStreamer Editing Services) branch.
- Xan Lopez added support for Do Not Track into Epiphany.
- William Jon McCann redesigned gnome-control-center universal access panel for consistency and smallness . (GNOME bug 665588)
- Florian Müllner added a simple application menu to gucharmap . (GNOME bug 674952)
- Fabrice Bellet contributed a fix to Vino to use XFixes to provide the correct cursor image . (GNOME bug 492033)
- Sébastien Wilmet changed gtksourceview to use a GResource for the XML description of its completion UI . (GNOME bug 674643)
- Joseph Scheuhammer contributed brightness and contrast functionality to gnome-shell magnifier . (GNOME bug 639851)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to set the Accept-Language header, so the Facebook login page appears in the correct language.
- Danielle Madeley revamped empathy roster window menu, converting it into an application menu.
- Chenthill Palanisamy added the possibility to send mails through groupwise SOAP protocol to evolution-groupwise.
- David Zeuthen did various improvements to the gnome-disk-utility SMART dialog.
- In Evolution Milan Crha added year scrolling to the date picker . (GNOME bug 206484)
- Craig Keogh added support for a systemmodule tag to JHBuild . (GNOME bug 669554)
- Alexandre Prokoudine replaced various GIMP filters by GEGL operations.
August 14, 2011
This week… 1305 commits, in 147 projects, by 196 happy hackers (and 237 were translation commits).
- David King disabled Ctrl-Alt-Del action in the view-only mode of Vinagre . (GNOME bug 656451)
- Vincent Untz added support for XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP, to be used by non-GNOME consumers of GNOME . (GNOME bug 654041)
- Eitan Isaacson merged the support GTK+ modules into Caribou . (GNOME bug 655047)
- In GNOME Disk Utility David Zeuthen added an UI for editing /etc/fstab entries.
- Lubosz Sarnecki contribued viewer transformation support into Pitivi.
- GHex has been ported to use GSettings by Kalev Lember.
- Jakub Steiner and Cosimo Cecchi made various refinements to the Adwaita theme.
- In pygobject Laszlo Pandy added support for calling functions with keyword arguments in invoke . (GNOME bug 625596)
- Dan Winship changed libsoup to default to TLS for https connections, and fall back to SSLv3 on failure . (GNOME bug 581342)
- Luca Bruno switched vala support for libgdata to use introspection data . (GNOME bug 655192)
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for smoothed curve renaming . (GNOME bug 656148)
- Jasper St. Pierre added invisible borders to Mutter, paving the way for easier grab on thin window borders . (GNOME bug 644930)
- Philip Withnall ported the MPRIS support of Totem to version 2.1.
- In folks Travis Reitter added support for vCard-like parameters to a serie of attributes.
- Murray Cumming made various improvements to the Print Layout support of glom.
December 12, 2010
This week… 1805 commits, in 169 projects, by 212 happy hackers (and 260 were translation commits).
- Kenny Meyer added a tab to the context pane of Rhythmbox with links to websites for album and artist info . (GNOME bug 636550)
- Philip Withnall switched many of the libgdata API to be stream-based, he wrote about his libgdata work in “Recent libgdata work“.
- Shaun McCance added syntax highlighting for code snippets in Yelp.
- The Murrine GTK+ engine has been turned into a GtkThemingEngine by Andrea Cimitan, while Carlos Garnacho did the same for the clearlooks engine in gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks.
- David Pellicer added scanning support to the Caribou onscreen keyboard.
- Detection of TLS and SSL support has been added to the FTP backend in gvfs.
- Carlos Garnacho added the beginning of a CSS-based theme to gnome-themes-standard.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo added nice custom error pages to Epiphany . (GNOME bug 592667)
- Tomas Bzatek added a check to gnome-settings-daemon, to detect if Nautilus is running, as it is no longer possible to rely on having Nautilus a key component in the session. (see GNOME bug 636191 for details).
- Carlos Garcia Campos added a new sidebar page for bookmarks in Evince, it allows to add, remove, and rename internal bookmarks.
- Daniel G. Siegle added new effects contributed by Filippo Argiolas to gnome-video-effects, and added a fade-in animation when switching effect page in Cheese.
- Johannes Schmid ported Anjuta to G(tk)Application.
- Bastien Nocera added a “network time” switch to the datetime control center panel.
- The Quartz backend in GTK+ has been ported to the latest rendering-cleanup changes by Kristian Rietveld.
- Brandon Lewis implemented the saving of presets in Pitivi.
- The participants to the doc dev tools hackfest contributed a serie of tutorials and demos to the gnome-devel-docs module.
November 28, 2010
This week… 2827 commits, in 163 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 223 were translation commits).
- Cosimo Cecchi started porting the “removable media” preferences tab of Nautilus to be a new control center panel.
- A limit to the number of times gnome-session will try to restart an application has been added by Jon McCann; it’s still missing the display of en error dialog when such a situation happens . (GNOME bug 634762)
- Johannes Schmid added a new code analyser plugin to Anjuta, it uses clang and the results are displayed in the message pane like compiler errors.
- Pedro Castro improved the support for FAB Subtitler files in gnome-subtitles.
- Gabriel Burt added back a podcast browser to Banshee.
- After months of work TLS support has finally landed in glib, many thanks to Dan Winship, it adds an extension point into gio, and glib-networking provides a gnutls-based implementation . (GNOME bug 588189)
- Lucas Rocha started a nautilus extension for the-board; at the moment it allows adding photos to The Board.
- Alexander Larsson landed a “broadway” branch into GTK+, this adds a HTML backend to GTK+; he had written about this before in GTK+ 3 vs HTML 5.
- Maxim Ermilov made links in message banners of gnome shell clickable . (GNOME bug 610219)
- The “About GNOME” dialog has been removed, a new “System Information” panel should arrive to provide similar functionalities.
- Jon Drufresne added a “Show whitespace” preference for the comparison of files in meld . (GNOME bug 622342)
- A complete API break happened in libgrss as all object and function names have been moved to the “grss” namespace.
- Brandon Lewis maded it possible for the viewer widget in pitivi to be (un)docked.
- The gutters in GtkSourceView (typically used to draw line numbers on the side) have been improved by Jesse van den Kieboom, to remove some limitations in sizing and accurate user control.
September 26, 2010
This week… 2622 commits, in 198 projects, by 238 happy hackers (and 826 were translation commits).
- The 2.32.0 release is almost there and translators are working hard, French reached a 100% translation status, joining Portuguese, Polish, Hungarian, and Galician; an enormous effort also happened in the Uighur team, with almost five thousands new translated strings.
- The Nautilus connect dialog has been updated to match mockups created by Allan Day.
- Many changes landed in Pitivi, such as Karl Palsson updating the sources list to display clip previews on double clicks, and the important work done by Thibault Saunier to add effects being merged; read Pitivi master finaly gets effects! for the announcement and a screenshot.
- Martin Szulecki added an module for iPods in conduit.
- Havoc Pennington improved tests for X error traps in GTK+, fixing two bugs along the way . (GNOME bug 630033)
- Banshee got support for detecting network status under Microsoft Windows, thanks to Pete Johanson (GNOME bug 630296)
- Andreas J. Guelzow improved printing of checkboxes and radio buttons in Gnumeric.
- Srinivasa Ragavan started adding rendering of events in the main calendar view, in his work on a clutterified evolution.
- Johan Dahlin added a lot of missing introspection annotations to glib, and added and fixed a few in GTK+.
- Another summer of code work has been merged, as Jamie Nicol improvements in the Last.fm Rhythmbox plugin have been merged, bringing such changes as the possibility to view its profile (GNOME bug 345957), and to use Libre.fm (GNOME bug 592428).