October 7, 2012
This week… 2038 commits, in 182 projects, by 223 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- Xan Lopez imported the adblock extension into epiphany source tree . (GNOME bug 681657)
- Germán Poó Caamaño ported postr to GTK+ 3.
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance started experimenting with DITA support.
- Felix Riemann updated eog to use GtkApplication to inhibit the screensaver during slideshows . (GNOME bug 684581)
- In file-roller Paolo Bacchilega fixed the creation of encrypted and multi-volume archives.
- Cosimo Cecchi added support for keyboard item activation in libgd.
- Stefano Facchini ported gnome-system-monitor to have an Application menu.
- Jens Georg updated rygel to the new GUPnP vapi.
- Rui Matos changed gnome-settings-daemon to convert old libgnomekbd and IBus settings . (GNOME bug 685458)
- In GTK+ Alexander Larsson updated the broadway backend to use binary websockets if available.
- Aurimas Černius changed gnote to make it possible to have several search windows.
- Christian Persch ported evince to GtkApplication, and added an Application menu.
December 5, 2010
This week… 2430 commits, in 174 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 194 were translation commits).
- Totem has been updated to hide its slider when streaming, to avoid people getting confused by the slider getting stuck in one location . (GNOME bug 549691)
- Dots (an interactive braille transcribing application) got support for Microsoft Word files.
- Robert Ancell made gnobots2 and gnomine from gnome-games work with GTK+3 and Cairo.
- Ray Strode added a new “maximized” tile to mutter, it allows the user to maximize their windows (in other words, tile with the edge panels) by dragging their window to the top edge of the monitor . (GNOME bug 630548)
- Paolo Borelli added support for gunichar to pygobject . (GNOME bug 623615)
- Francisco Rojas patched postr to throw an error if an image disappears during the upload process . (GNOME bug 537554)
- The overview relayout branch landed in GNOME Shell, as noted by Florian Müllner in a quick notice.
- Aleksander Morgado ported devhelp to the new new GApplication API.
- Evolution-data-server was changed to set CalDAV calendars read-only when the server is unreachable . (GNOME bug 530205)
- Paolo Bacchilega added a D-Bus service to file-roller to create and extract archives.
- Cosimo Cecchi ported the control center media panel to use the new GtkAppChooserButton.
- The Board got a simple mechanism to export object via HTTP.
- In gnome-session Vincent Untz moved the definition of a session from gconf to .desktop-like files.
- Nate Stedman started a new text system for ease, to provide a more featured replacement of ClutterText.
- The gtk-style-context branch of GTK+ landed, Carlos Garnacho uploaded some documentation, thmingTheming in GTK+, and Migrating from GtkStyle to GtkStyleContext.
- And thanks to the doc dev tools hackfest, demos and tutorials were commited to gnome-devel-docs, improved Mallard support landed in library-web, and the week ended with some mysterious content landing in the web-devel-2 module…
December 27, 2009
This week… 1152 commits, in 137 projects, by 191 happy hackers (and 128 were translation commits).
- Thanks to a patch by Philip Chimento gtk-doc got a much improved support for parsing unions . (GNOME bug 165425)
- Francisco Rojas added tag autocompletion to Postr . (GNOME bug 507242)
- Support for BibTeX syntax highlighting has bee pushed to gtksourceview . (GNOME bug 605071)
- Takao Fujiwara updated gdm to reload the i18n file automatically . (GNOME bug 599263)
- Sergey V. Udaltsov updated the gnome-settings-daemon keyboard plugin to use the new GkbdStatus status icon.
- The GNOME Color Manager gained an experimental user-calibrate wizard, which the user can use when there is no calibration hardward available.
- Empathy has been updated with support for inviting to multi user chats.
- The IM status plugin of Rhythmbox got support for Pidgin, a contribution by Mohamad Elrashidin Sajeli . (GNOME bug 605023)
- Xan Lopez brought back window.close() to Epiphany.
November 8, 2009
This week… 2027 commits, in 180 projects, by 252 happy hackers (and 403 were translation commits).
- Totem got (on-disk) buffering support for downloads, Bastien Nocera blogged about it: No more stuttering.
- The gvfs webdav backend has been changed to remember cookies while it’s running.
- Carlos Garnocho made the SPARQL API of Tracker fully asynchronous.
- Postr (the GNOME Flickr Uploader) has been improved to allow direct editing of title and description, when double clicking (or pressing the Return key) on the photo . (GNOME bug 562162)
- Xavier Claessens added support for some IRC slash commands to Empathy, the currently supported commands are /clear, /topic, /join, /query and /msg . (GNOME bug 573407)
- Also in Empathy Guillaume Desmottes added the display of an error message when codec negotation fails . (GNOME bug 581789)
- The GNOME screensaver got a D-Bus method to show a message on the locked screen, to be used for notification of auto logout.
- In GNOME Shell Dan Winship started a message-tray branch, with some minimal Telepathy support, it has a notification popup for messages and avatar icons.
- Brasero got gobject introspection support for its libraries . (GNOME bug 589073)
- libsoup has been fixed to not change HEAD to GET on 303 redirect.
- A new Google Translate plugin has been added to Kupfer (the command tool inspired by Quicksilver).