December 4, 2011
This week… 2239 commits, in 150 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 137 were translation commits).
- Heinrich Müller added flagging of individual articles in Pan . (GNOME bug 651307)
- Mario Sanchez Prada replaced the adblock epiphany extension by a port of Midori adblocker, which is compatible with the EasyList subscriptions for “AdBlock Plus” ;. (GNOME bug 660154)
- Dan Winship added server-side session cache support to glib-networking gnutls backend . (GNOME bug 636574)
- Colin Walters updated gnome-settings-daemon to monitor for gnome-shell presence, and update the Gtk/ShellShowsAppMenu property accordingly.
- Vibha Yadav contributed support for delegation in evolution-ews . (GNOME bug 656376)
- In gnome-screensaver Antoine Jacoutot implemented OpenBSD authentication using bsd_auth (instead of PAM ). (GNOME bug 651554)
- Seif Lotfy added a new dashboard plugin to gedit, it displays a grid of recently/most used files upon opening a new tab . (GNOME bug 663466)
- Tom Tryfonidis contributed a redesign of the about: pages of Epiphany . (GNOME bug 665136)
- Alan Knowles added an (experimental) xorg extension to seed.
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs added support for speech presentation of embedded object characters in WebKitGtk content.
- Milan Crha added “Listen for server notifications” option to mail, address book, and calendar parts of evolution-mapi.
- Rob Bradford added a first version of a “baremetal” backend for EGL on KMS to cogl.
- Takeshi Kurosawa contributed support for basic vertical writing to librsvg . (GNOME bug 664533)
July 18, 2010
This week… 3273 commits, in 181 projects, by 295 happy hackers (and 427 were translation commits).
- Toms Bauģis added to hamster he possibility to click on a time bar in the overview to get to the detailed day view . (GNOME bug 623872)
- The Bastard Mode option of Quadrapassel has been renamed to “choose difficult blocks”, but it’s still a real bastard.
- Fernando Herrera added Mallard documentation to Dots, the interactive braille transcribing application.
- The calendar backend in evolution-mapi has been made fully asynchronous.
- Thomas Wood added region and city comboboxes to the new date and time control center panel.
- Aleksander Morgado contributed a feature to enable or disable selected books in devhelp . (GNOME bug 619202)
- Nate Stedman replaced the system() call by the usage of libarchive when saving documents in Ease.
- GThumb has been updated to preserve the EXIF data after lossless rotations.
- Vinagre has been migrated to GtkApplication . (GNOME bug 596733)
- Arx Cruz added a new password dialog to Zenity.
- The three-point-oh branch of cheese has been merged, rewriting Cheese in Vala and making advantage of Clutter.
- Paolo Bacchilega ported file-roller to use GSettings.
- Seed has been updated to build against the gtk 2 or gtk 3 versions of WebKit, at user choice.
- John Stowers created a gtk-3.0 branch of pygtk, to prepare a pygtk version that, while not based on gobject introspection, would still be a step towards GNOME 3.
- Aaron Bockover changed the Amazon proxy URIs of Banshee to some supporting geo-IP redirection, redirecting users to the Amazon stores appropriate for their countries.
- Benjamin Otte has been working hard on the “rendering-cleanup” branch of GTK+ 3, chopping much of the old drawing system, where cairo usage is more appropriate now.
- In GSOC land, Dragos Dena finished the snippets editor for Anjuta, Jamie Nicol almost finished implementing Last.fm radio playback in Rhythmbox, Luca Invernizzi completed the couchdb backend of Getting Things GNOME, and others also worked, of course…
May 17, 2009
This week… 1925 commits, in 174 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 183 were translation commits).
- libgnomekbd and gnome-power-manager have been converted from libglade to GTKBuilder.
- Vino got ported from libdbus to dbus-glib, as a first step towards integration with the Telepathy framework . (GNOME bug 580464)
- In GTK+ the GtkLabel gained the possibility to show hyperlinks, that feature was previously provided SexyUrlLabel . (GNOME bug 508810)
- Also in GTK+ a printing backend using PAPI, as found on OpenSolaris, has been added (to both master and 2.16 ) (GNOME bug 382676)
- Support for annotations landed in Evince, it requires libpoppler 0.11 (GNOME bug 315002)
- Empathy added a fullscreen mode for video playback . (GNOME bug 580771)
- Behdad Esfahbod merged his harfbuzz-ng branch into Pango.
- The Volume Control has been updated to show high-level channel mapping string for each devices, this gives pretty names such as “Surround 7.1″ or “Stereo” ; (GNOME bug 581921).
- After a discussion on desktop-devel-list Robert Carr created a new gnome-js-common module, to share code and tests between Seed and GJS.
- In Seed a new module to bind Cairo has been developed.
- Alexander Larsson imported gnio (socket and networking support) into glib.
- Much work happened (and is still ongoing) in Orca to refactor the speech and braille generators . (GNOME bug 570658)
April 19, 2009
This week… 1889 commits, in 207 projects, by 235 happy hackers (and 407 were translation commits).
- The Git migration happened, and 84 commits were about doap files, and 44 about .gitignore files.
- gnome-netstatus, empathy and gnome-dictionary (from gnome-utils , GNOME bug 577943) all switched to GtkBuilder.
- libgdata added support for ETags, to allow for versioning when querying, updating and deleting entries . (GNOME bug 578661)
- A new plugin has been added to eog, to order images randomly in slideshow mode . (GNOME bug 562135)
- Libchamplain got support for more advanced markers, allowing to set many properties on markers, allowing features such as attached image or text and how if should be displayed (wrapped, ellipsized, etc .). (GNOME bug 576055)
- Matthew Barnes updated gnome-video-arcade to make game play back work again with recent MAME releases.
- Sabayon was updated to use Xephyr instead of Xnest.
- Xan Lopez fixed backwards search in Epiphany Find Toolbar.
- Empathy got a new “join chatroom” dialog, which will only load the room list when the rooms are displayed.
- Seed imports system was changed to match the one in gjs, making it easier to port applications between them. Robert Carr posted details in some Seed updated.
January 25, 2009
This week… 1650 commits, in 173 projects, by 193 happy hackers (and 306 were translation commits).
- The panel got lockdown support to prevent it being dragged to a different screen edge . (GNOME bug 309721).
- Alacarte was ported to gio . (GNOME bug 514574)
- Jonh Wendell rewrote the vinagre applet, to use GObject, fixing the way it works on transparent panels in the process (GNOME bug 568674); he also commited a rewritten Vino Preferences dialog, with the ability to check if the machine can be accessed though the Internet.
- Seed got opengl-glib girs and a glxgears port.
- In Nautilus, gnome-desktop and gnome-settings-daemon, patches from Ray Strode landed, adding support for fading between backgrounds.
- Anjuta got upgraded to use GtkPrint, removing its dependency on libgnomeprint/ui . (GNOME bug 564659)
- Patches by Tomeu Vizoso were commited to evince to move code to a libeviview library, so it can be embedded in other applications, Tomeu blogged about it . (GNOME bug 567751)
- John Stowers came back on conduit, applying patches and fixing many bugs.
- In Epiphany Gustavo Noronha added multiple keyword-based AND-search for the location bar.
- GTK+ got support for select-by-word in selectable labels, marks on GtkScale, and improved autocompletion in the file chooser entry.
January 11, 2009
This week… 1992 commits, in 182 projects, by 186 happy hackers (and 349 were translation commits).
- Lucas Rocha set his eyes on gnome-session, and started fixing bugs introduced in the 2.24 rewrite.
- A library, libbrasero-media, got extracted out of brasero, Philippe Rouquier tells more about it on desktop-devel-list.
- Lightsoff, which was started as an example shipped in the Seed module, has been imported in gnome-games.
- File Roller and Eye of GNOME removed their dependencies and libgnome and libgnomeui; and Anjuta removed its dependency on gnomevfs.
- GVFS got its SMB browsing authentication support much improved (GNOME bug 524485).
- Cosimo Cecchi added sound events support in Empathy (via libcanberra).
- In gnome-keyring-daemon, the new modular SSH agent has been integrated as the main SSH agent.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a new fullscreen mode to gedit, with a sliding toolbar . (GNOME bug 520749)
- A new plugin was added to nautilus-sendto, to send files over IM via Empathy.
January 4, 2009
This week… 1171 commits, in 146 projects, by 141 happy hackers (and 236 were translation commits).
- gedit got an internal message bus to let its plugins communicate.
- Epiphany updated from its own EphySearchEntry and EphyIconEntry to GtkEntry, it also uses the new “progress in entry” support to draw progress in the location bar.
- gconftool got a new –toggle option, to toggle a boolean key.
- gossip removed libgnomeui and libgnomevfs, and started to use libcanberra-gtk for sound support.
- Jonathan Matthew added some basic window management effects to gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 563844)
- A new version of l10n.gnome.org (damned-lies) went live, merging in the Vertimus translation tool that was already used by some teams. (announce).
- A low diskspace checker has been added to the housekeeping plugin of gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 557647)
- gnome-build that was a standalone module but only used by anjuta has been merged in anjuta.
- GtkEntry Caps Lock warning mode switched to using an icon.
- seed got a 0.3 (and 0.3.1) release and Robert Carr sent a summary of what happened since 0.1.
December 14, 2008
This week… 1123 commits, in 144 projects, by 154 happy hackers (and 120 were translation commits).
- Ted Gould posted about gtk_timeout_add_seconds and a few modules (anjuta, ekiga, totem, libbonobo, libegg, brasero) already got fixes.
- Niepce Digital got imported in subversion repository.
- Xan Lopez added support for the WebKit web inspector in Epiphany (and Robert Carr did the same thing for seed minibrowser).
- Vincent Untz got back hacking on gnome-panel, removal of libgnomeui and deprecated API usage, single include, bug fixes and stuff.
- vino added correct support for IPv4 mapped IPv6, and added a new feature to able to set the network interface to listen on (GNOME bug 403183).
- gvfs got a new trash backend written by Ryan Lortie.
- Nautilus gained the possibility to call PackageKit to install applications for for unsupported mime types.
- German Poo-Caamano gave some love to gnome-nettool (portability fixes, better accessibility support, and other fixes and enhancements).
- gtkhtml got improved smileys (toolbar to insert them, obedience to the icon naming specification; screenshots are available in GNOME bug 563841.
- Also, Przemysław Grzegorczyk wrote a lot of patches to clean up GLib and GTK+ includes, see GNOME bug 563413. This earned him a Subversion account.