March 14, 2010
This week… 2144 commits, in 230 projects, by 307 happy hackers (and 681 were translation commits).
- Banshee got a new Youtube extension (GNOME bug 576666).
- Nautilus has been changed to load tracker/beagle at runtime . (GNOME bug 589345)
- Support for GObject introspection has been added to gnome-menus (GNOME bug 598406)
- gnome-settings-daemon got its code to eject removable media rewritten to use gio (instead of spawning the eject command ). (GNOME bug 580779)
- GNOME Shell has been updated to support and require Clutter 1.2 (GNOME bug 610679)
- Yelp, in its yelp-3-0 branch, got a new ocation dropdown, with two-line entries, displaying both title and description. Shaun McCance blogged about this change in More Yelp 3.0 Location Entry.
- David Zeuten added rudimentary support for loop files to GNOME Disk Utility. (screenshot)
- To follow up on the usabiltiy report Empathy was changed to sort contacts by state and to show offline contacts by default (GNOME bug 612338).
- Milan Bouchet-Valat added support for password (un)locking to system-tools-backends.
- Dan Williams modified the network manager applet to handle and show access technology for GSM connections (GSM, GPRS, UMTS, etc.)
- Evince has been updated to use monitor height instead of screen height to calculate page scale in presentation mode; this fixes the presentation mode in dual head setups . (GNOME bug 608924)