September 30, 2012
This week… 2185 commits, in 228 projects, by 268 happy hackers (and 806 were translation commits).
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller added code to handle missing decoders to Transmageddon.
- A new mining activity, by Peter Albrecht, landed in gcompris.
- Stefano Facchini ported gnome-system-monitor to GtkApplication . (GNOME bug 351087)
- José Alburquerque added the Converter[Input|Output]Stream classes to glibmm.
- Willem van Engen contributed Flickr support to gnome-online-accounts, disabled by default . (GNOME bug 678151)
- In zenity, Florian Müllner added an option to set a custom dialog icon, and another option to request a dialog to be modal . (GNOME bug 684329 and GNOME bug 684322)
- Jean Bréfort updated goffice to use lasem for equation support in graphs.
- Benjamin Otte had a huge refactoring of GTK+ css code to avoid computing wrong property values.
- Krzesimir Nowak contributed config file monitoring to Rygel.
- Heinrich Müller added a rough download meter to the pan2 newsreader . (GNOME bug 102402)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew added a new dialog for importing music into the library.
September 23, 2012
This week… 2841 commits, in 211 projects, by 260 happy hackers (and 1448 were translation commits).
- Giovanni Campagna’s port of gnome-applets to the new libgweather landed . (GNOME bug 678977)
- Øyvind Kolås updated gegl color-reduction operation to do the quantization and dithering in gamma space.
- In Gimp Michael Natterer ported the print and animation-play plugins to GEGL.
- Jens Georg added the possibility to set arbitrary HTTP headers to grilo . (GNOME bug 680436)
- In gedit-plugins Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated the colorpicker plugin to show overlayed an colorbutton when selecting an hex color.
- In gnome-shell Rui Matos added menu items for IBus Anthy’s InputMode and TypingMode . (GNOME bug 682314)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated gthumb to save and restore the viewer sidebar state.
- Benjamin Otte landed CSS animation support into GTK+.
- Florian Müllner changed mutter to add a sad face in the force-quit dialog . (GNOME bug 684306)
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller ported Transmageddon to Python 3.
- Paolo Borelli made a first cut of an implementation of “Laps” support in gnome-clocks.
- Matthias Clasen fixed gnome-control-center to make Enterprise WPA work again.
October 9, 2011
This week… 1979 commits, in 218 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 405 were translation commits).
- Carlos Garcia Campos added API docs and introspection support to libgxps.
- In gnome-keyring Stef Walter completed the PKCS#11 import dialog.
- The “margins” branch landed in Glade, it’s now posible to change widget margins using the mouse, thanks to Juan Pablo Ugarte.
- Jakub Steiner contributed a gorgeous icon for Boxes.
- Torsten Schönfeld added support for implementing interfaces and object vfuncs into perl-Glib-Object-Introspection.
- Debarshi Ray optimized note creation, renaming and deletion in gnote, updating the note tree instead of reconstructing it anew every time . (GNOME bug 660663)
- Christophe Dumez improved the bulk contact removal code in evolution-data-server addressbook component.
- Christian Schaller added an HTML5 preset to Transmageddon.
- Ming Han Teh contributed drag’n’drop support for adding wallpapers into the gnome-control-center background panel . (GNOME bug 655375)
- In GNOME Shell Matthias Clasen updated contact search to match on more fields, making it closer to the way it works in gnome-contacts . (GNOME bug 660580)
- Andreas J. Guelzow added some extra code to gnumeric xls import to fix border consistency in 1C generated files.
- Matthew Barnes used new GtkApplication features to trim off redundancies in Evolution EShell.
- Murray Cumming changed Glom to generated a standard print layout instead of an HTML file, when printing the details view.
June 5, 2011
This week… 1760 commits, in 183 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 306 were translation commits).
- Torsten Schönfeld unified the index handling in argument marshalling in perl-Glib-Object-Introspection.
- Vamsi Krishna Brahmajosyula contributed a new gnome shell extension, to add a GNOME2-like menu on the panel.
- Vincent Povirk added a new game, eliminator, to Aisleriot, discussion on code and rules happened in GNOME bug 637030.
- Vincent Untz fixed a security issue in gdm, nullifying URI scheme handlers.
- In Epiphany Sergio Villar Senin added a about:plugins page, to show the list of installed plugins . (GNOME bug 575498)
- Paolo Bacchilega added code to disable the screensaver when playing videos or slideshows in GThumb.
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller added video only encoding in Transmageddon.
- Support for an orientation lock has been added the gnome-settings-daemon orientation plugin.
- Florian Müllner simplified handling of removed workspaces in GNOME Shell.
- Iain Lane switched Tomboy from NDesk Dbus to dbus-sharp.
- Ryan Lortie implemented pointer sized bitlocks in glib, including an hand-coded assembly version for x86 . (GNOME bug 651467)
March 6, 2011
This week… 2130 commits, in 204 projects, by 261 happy hackers (and 542 were translation commits).
- Gabriel Burt made removing many pages in pdfmod much faster . (GNOME bug 630012)
- Paolo Bacchilega added some statistical information to the histogram view in gthumb.
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to libgtop by Maxim Ermilov.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort implemented a GSettings back for GOConf . (GNOME bug 643767)
- Together with Morten Welinder he also much improved the import of xlsx files in Gnumeric.
- Ulrik Sverdrup added a simple plugin to send microblogging updates via Gwibber from Kupfer.
- William Jon McCann added a number emblem to indicate the number of queued messages in notification daemon.
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome-settings-daemon to hard-code the default screen DPI, as it’s not possible at the moment to rely on the X server giving a decent DPI value . (GNOME bug 643704)
- In Totem Tim-Philipp Müller fixed screenshotting of interlaced videos . (GNOME bug 640993)
- On the infrastructure side, in the sysadmin-bin module Olav Vitters started rewriting and improving many of the release tools.
- Debbie Beliveau patched GNOME System Monitor to also show the CPU model on ARM . (GNOME bug 606769)
- Cosimo Cecchi made a huge pass on Adwaita to restyle the theme according to 3.0 designs.
- Transmageddon was updated by Christian Schaller so that all transcoding is now done by the encodebin engine.
- Ray Strode updated GNOME Screensaver to get the user face from the accounts service . (GNOME bug 643162)
- In GNOME Shell Guillaume Desmottes fixed the status menu to change Instant Messaging presence when needed . (GNOME bug 617207), while David Zeuthen moved the calendar handling to be out-of-process . (GNOME bug 641396)
- Lucian Langa fixed evolution-rss to work asynchronously, so it doesn’t block the Evolution process . (GNOME bug 634478)
February 6, 2011
This week… 2281 commits, in 185 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 364 were translation commits).
- Felix Riemann converted postr to use libpeas as plugin system.
- Francesco Marella migrated phonemgr from libglade to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 590816)
- Sergey V. Udaltsov added a gkbd-keyboard-display utility to libgnomekbd, to be used by gnome-shell and gnome-control-center to display keyboard layouts.
- Jonathan Matthew ported the Python plugins of Rhythmbox to gobject introspection.
- GDM was switched by Ray Strode to use accounts service for language and session.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a notification to Nautilus, when all transfer are completed.
- Unlock buttons have been added to both datetime and printers control center panels.
- David Zeuthen landed his work implementing the new calendar menu of GNOME Shell; he showed the result in GNOME 3 Calendar . (GNOME bug 632109)
- In Meld Kai Willadsen reworked directory-level file comparison, the new version features somewhat simpler logic, progressive file reading, binary file filter handling and provides earlier exit in no-filter cases . (GNOME bug 586656)
- The port of GNOME Panel to GTK+ 3 has been merged.
- Benjamin Otte rewrote the event handling of the area selection of gnome-screenshot.
- Christian Schaller changed the UI of Transmageddon to a combobox bases setup instead of radiobuttons, this to both shrink UI and allow for support of multiple audio streams; this makes a new look for Transmageddon.
May 23, 2010
This week… 2040 commits, in 188 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 299 were translation commits).
- Brian M. Carlson added DocBook version 5 support to yelp-xsl.
- Totem and Transmageddon both got support for the new WebM video format.
- The Google Calendar backend in evolution-data-server has been removed, as the CalDAV backend should be enough to interact with Google.
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued working on his Bonobo-less panel changes, with a port to GDBus.
- Thomas Wood added support for “shell” and “panels” in gnome-control-center, and added an initial implementation of a date/time panel.
- Shaun McCance added nautilus-sendto support in Yelp, to be able to send the pictures in documentation.
- The password length limit for SSH connections in Vinagre has been lifted.
- Xan Lopez removed the status bar of Epiphany, replacing its only use, the display of targets, by a small overlay that only appear on hover . (GNOME bug 609713)
- Łukasz Jernaś added GObject introspection support to Emerillon.
- GEdit got full support for compressed files . (GNOME bug 413220)
- In GNOME Shell Owen Taylor added a facility for automated performance measurement (GNOME bug 618189); and Dan Winship updated the Telepathy support to show notifications of presence changes (GNOME bug 611613).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a GApplication class to GLib, and Colin Walters used it to add a GtkApplication class to GTK+.
- Lin Ma reworked Solaris file event notification in GIO.