August 14, 2011
This week… 1305 commits, in 147 projects, by 196 happy hackers (and 237 were translation commits).
- David King disabled Ctrl-Alt-Del action in the view-only mode of Vinagre . (GNOME bug 656451)
- Vincent Untz added support for XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP, to be used by non-GNOME consumers of GNOME . (GNOME bug 654041)
- Eitan Isaacson merged the support GTK+ modules into Caribou . (GNOME bug 655047)
- In GNOME Disk Utility David Zeuthen added an UI for editing /etc/fstab entries.
- Lubosz Sarnecki contribued viewer transformation support into Pitivi.
- GHex has been ported to use GSettings by Kalev Lember.
- Jakub Steiner and Cosimo Cecchi made various refinements to the Adwaita theme.
- In pygobject Laszlo Pandy added support for calling functions with keyword arguments in invoke . (GNOME bug 625596)
- Dan Winship changed libsoup to default to TLS for https connections, and fall back to SSLv3 on failure . (GNOME bug 581342)
- Luca Bruno switched vala support for libgdata to use introspection data . (GNOME bug 655192)
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for smoothed curve renaming . (GNOME bug 656148)
- Jasper St. Pierre added invisible borders to Mutter, paving the way for easier grab on thin window borders . (GNOME bug 644930)
- Philip Withnall ported the MPRIS support of Totem to version 2.1.
- In folks Travis Reitter added support for vCard-like parameters to a serie of attributes.
- Murray Cumming made various improvements to the Print Layout support of glom.
August 7, 2011
This week… 1642 commits, in 165 projects, by 217 happy hackers (and 223 were translation commits).
- Jesse van den Kieboom added pre-commit and post-commit hook execution to gitg.
- Stef Walter implemented GTlsDatabase into glib-networking, an abstract object implemented by the various TLS backends, which is used by GTlsConnection to lookup certificates and keys, as well as verify certificate chains . (GNOME bug 636572)
- Stef Walter also ported libcryptui to use GSettings.
- In Rygel Luis de Bethencourt made the AVC_MP4 and AAC_ISO_320 transcoders configurable.
- Guillaume Desmottes changed Vinagre to default to 8 bit color depth for Telepathy tubes, as those connections are often slower than local connections . (GNOME bug 655415)
- Vincent Untz ported gnome-panel to use the new gnome-menus API . (GNOME bug 649327)
- Fabien Parent contributed support for user defined assembly syntax in Nemiver.
- Richard Hughes added a backlight helper to the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin, as xbacklight isn’t always present.
- Jasper St. Pierre made looking glass recognize new extensions as they are added to gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 654770)
- The new Evolution documentation, in Mallard and written and assembled by Andre Klapper has landed.
- Shaun McCance added support for a “button” style on link, in yelp-xsl.
- Support for rich text in legends has been added to goffice by Jean Bréfort.
- Cosimo Cecchi removed the built-in hover audio previewer from Nautilus, as there is now sushi.
- Joaquim Rocha added support for exporting to PDF in ocrfeeder.
- Bastien Nocera added a plugin to rotate videos to Totem . (GNOME bug 589399)
- Morten Welinder excised usage of libgnome* and bonobo from Gnumeric.
- In evolution-data-server Philip Withnall added support for getting and setting photos on contacts from Google Contacts, including caching support . (GNOME bug 619135)
June 12, 2011
This week… 2184 commits, in 181 projects, by 241 happy hackers (and 323 were translation commits).
- In tomboy Alex Tereschenko added a new addin for removing broken links from notes.
- Alexander Larsson worked on various things in gnome-contacts, including an initial cut at new details field layout with buttons and some work on notes support.
- Eitan Isaacson introduced a GTK+ 3 input method module into Caribou.
- Support for long press detection has been added to Clutter by Emmanuele Bassi.
- In Planner Caolan McNamara added a display of the date in status bar for resource usage view as well as in the Gantt view.
- Cosimo Cecchi contributed various fixes and improvements to the dark variant of Adwaita.
- David King removed the bookmarks side panel of Vinagre.
- John Stowers added annotations for default values in theme combo boxes of the GNOME Tweak Tool.
- Xan Lopez added suggestions to correct misspellings to the context menu when right-clicking on a misspelled word in Epiphany.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort merged the new log window into Empathy.
- In GNOME Subtitles Pedro Castro added initial support for splitting and merging subtitles.
- Philip Withnall removed the old authentication API of libgdata in favour of a new GDataAuthorizer API, and added an OAuth 1.0 authoriser . (GNOME bug 646285)
- Paolo Bacchilega ported goobox to GtkApplication.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a Telepathy Approver and Handler into GNOME Shell, this will make the Empathy tray icon stop blicking when receiving new channels.
- Richard Hughes added optional colord support to the CUPS print module of GTK+.
February 27, 2011
This week… 2424 commits, in 223 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 516 were translation commits).
- Jiří Techet ported thje eog map plugin to use libchamplain 0.10 . (GNOME bug 642802)
- Matthew Barnes ported gnome-video-arcade from GConf to Gsettings.
- Chris Kühl added back basic mdns functionality in Vino.
- In libgnomekbd Sergey V. Udaltsov improved rendering of keysyms. No ISO_, underscores->spaces . (GNOME bug 642903)
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the import in Gnumeric of LibreOffice created xlsx files using shared formulas . (GNOME bug 642850)
- Marc-André Lureau added a spice plugin to Vinagre . (GNOME bug 642844)
- Sergio Villar Senin added DNS prefetching into Epiphany, this will proactively perform DNS lookups when the user sets the cursor over an autocompleted entry in the location bar . (GNOME bug 606087)
- Guillaume Desmottes updated Empathy to use the same tab close button as in gedit . (GNOME bug 642865)
- In DrWright Christopher Aillon added accounting for idle time when starting a typing break . (GNOME bug 642788)
- Alexander Larsson changed GNOME Shell to have a hot corner on each monitor . (GNOME bug 642881)
- Also in GNOME Shell David Zeuthen added a native PolicyKit authentication agent. He presented this work in GNOME 3 Authorization . (GNOME bug 642886)
- Stefano Teso changed the list view of Nautilus to create folders in subdirectories when possible . (GNOME bug 330644)
- Marek Kašík changed the print notifcation plugin of gnome-settings-daemon to use the new D-Bus API for communication with CUPS.
- And Cosimo Cecchi updated the housekeeping plugin to use the Nautilus D-Bus API to empty the trash . (GNOME bug 632154)
November 21, 2010
This week… 1927 commits, in 202 projects, by 209 happy hackers (and 400 were translation commits).
- Christian Persch moved back the typing-break code from gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-control-center to its own drwright module.
- Owen Taylor added a new frame type to mutter for modal dialogs . (GNOME bug 592382)
- Much work happened around the gtk-style-context branch of GTK+, with many modules tentatively ported, including a transformation of the ClearLooks into a GtkThemingEngine.
- Vinagre was adapted to the new G[tk]Application API by Jonh Wendell.
- Colin Walters added support for gunichar as a new fundamental type tag to gjs . (GNOME bug 633199)
- GNOME Power Manager has been cleaned of all its UPS specific UI, to just use the battery critical action for the UPS critical state.
- Andoni Morales Alastruey updated Longomatch to only show players that are actually plaging, and to sort them on their numbers, not names.
- A new Battery & Power indicator has been added to GNOME Shell by Giovanni Campagna . (GNOME bug 622451)
- The GNOME Control Center got a new ‘Power’ panel, with appropriate power management settings.
- Libsoup has been changed to make URI username/password override cached info; this allows a page to, eg, force a logout by sending an XMLHttpRequest using a bad password . (GNOME bug 631679)
- Peter Hutterer added a wacom gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Also Tomas Bzatek started porting Nautilus aurorun code as a new automount gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Cosimo Cecchi started implementing a “open with” dialog right in GTK+, it is currently in the open-with-dialog branch.
- Last but not least Arx Cruz added a new quite featured –form option to Zenity, making it possible to build more complex dialogs from a simple command line . (GNOME bug 412493)
October 17, 2010
This week… 1906 commits, in 198 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 330 were translation commits).
- Once again this week many modules are being ported to GTK+ 3, a notable exemple is the port of the Murrine GTK+ Engine.
- Jon McCann dropped support for non-PAM authentication methods from gnome-screensaver.
- A new GApplication implementation by Ryan Lortie landed in glib.
- John Palmieri added compatibility functions for the deprecated PyCObject API to pygobject, also updating it to use the new PyCapsule PAI for Python versions above 3 . (GNOME bug 630844)
- Jonh Wendell made the Avahi browser in Vinagre work with its new plugin system.
- Vitaly Minko updated Empathy to divide spelling suggestions in one sub-menu per language . (GNOME bug 532832)
- Many parts of gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-control-center have been migrated to use GSettings.
- Robin Sonefors added a GUI for unit conversions to gcalctool . (GNOME bug 539830)
- Dodji Seketeli made it possible to start remote debugging in Nemiver from the command line, it is no longer necessary to fill necessary parameters in the GUI . (GNOME bug 624630)
- The colour temperature has been added to the profile viewer details of gnome-color-manager.
- Jonathan Matthew added children to the podcast rhythmbox item, to have access to both new episodes and recent downloads.
- David Zeuthen started implementing the Date and Time GNOME Shell mockups, in the datetime branch.
- And Christian Dywan added a GtkComboBoxText class to GTK+, subclassing GtkComboBox and replaceing the old gtk_combo_box_*_text() convenience API . (GNOME bug 612396)
September 5, 2010
This week… 2545 commits, in 212 projects, by 256 happy hackers (and 731 were translation commits).
- Eitan Isaacson added a checkbox to use the default colour theme when highlighring keys in Caribou . (GNOME bug 622246)
- Joanmarie Diggs added support for object toolkis in Orca, this allows Orco to handle cases where multiple toolkits are used in an application . (GNOME bug 628410)
- Philip Withnall merged his port of Totem to GSettings . (GNOME bug 625896)
- Gabriel Burt pushed a first pass at Bookmarks support for pdfmod, this adds a sidebar treeview that shows the existing bookmarks, and it’s possible to edit or remove them, as well as adding new bookmarks.
- Colin Walters merged his major rewrite of girscanner, and more, in gobject-introspection.
- Support for multi-coloured text layers has been added to Gimp by Michael Natterer, on top of an initial patch by Barak Itkin . (GNOME bug 620674)
- Florian Müllner added support for the text-shadow property in GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 624384)
- Support for the MPRIS v2 API has been added to Banshee, this will allow external applications to interact with Banshee through a standard D-Bus API . (GNOME bug 570841)
- Jonh Wendell added an instant messaging status plugin to Vinagre, that changes the status to busy when the application is switched to full screen mode.
- A backend using the Windows Registry has been added by Sam Thursfield to GSettings.
- Benjamin Otte updated the screenshot tool from gnome-utils to not draw directly to the root window anymore, updating the look of area selection along the way . (GNOME bug 628499)
August 29, 2010
This week… 2512 commits, in 181 projects, by 248 happy hackers (and 596 were translation commits).
- The synctex plugin, to synchronize TeX files and PDF output, has been merged into gedit-plugins.
- Both Lapo Calamandrei and Jakub Steiner worked on the metacity/mutter theme for GNOME 3.
- Nate Stedman added alpha support to backgrounds in Ease.
- A “save as PDF” plugin has been added to Gimp, thanks to Barak Itkin . (GNOME bug 382688)
- Andreas J. Guelzow added progress info support to the ODF export feature of Gnumeric.
- Batch operation support for both Calendar and Documents services has been added to libgdata . (GNOME bug 624141, GNOME bug 624142)
- Christopher Roy Bratusek made the applications menu of Sawfish honour NotShowIn and OnlyShowIn.
- Interactive TLS certification verification has been merged into Empathy . (GNOME bug 626848)
- Jonh Wendell split the reverse VNC feature of Vinagre into its own plugin, and ported it to GSocket, making reverse connections work with both IPv4 and IPv6 . (GNOME bug 626981)
- Cosimo Cecchi updated the design of the Nautilus sidebar, categorizing items with headings, a screnshot is available . (GNOME bug 508404)
- f-spot completed its port to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 589702)
- Thomas Wood implemented a new UI design for the background preference panel.
- Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen ported both gnotravex and gnotski to cairo . (GNOME bug 625444)
- Gustavo Noronha Silva wrapped the geolocation support provided by WebKitGTK+ in Epiphany, using info bars to present policy requests to the user . (GNOME bug 626687)
- GDateTime, an opaque data type containing a date and time representation, has been added to GLib . (GNOME bug 50076)
- Benjamin Otte completed the second part of his GTK+ 3 rendering cleanup work, and posted a status report to the gtk-devel-list.
August 1, 2010
This week… 1817 commits, in 202 projects, by 221 happy hackers (and 396 were translation commits).
- In the ongoing transitions emerillon has been ported to GSettings, while evolution, evolution-data-server, and brasero have been ported to GDBus (GNOME bug 622884 and others).
- Also glibmm gained a wrapper for GApplication, and gtkmm another one for GtkApplication.
- Mike Gorse added thread safety around main loop invocations in PyGTK.
- Eye of GNOME got a settings conversion file, to migrate configuration from GConf to GSettings.
- Jonh Wendell ported Vinagre to use libpeas for its plugins.
- And a basic support for plugin dependencies has been added to libpeas.
- Cheese effect preview elements have been changed to be constructed on-demand, rather than at startup, which has a great effect on startup performance.
- Matthias Clasen improved a lot the coverage of unit tests in GLib.
- Michael Natterer started porting various bits of Gimp from drawing with GDK to drawing with Cairo.
- Paolo Borelli made a first cut at a fonts panel for gnome control center 3.0, at the moment a straight port of the fonts tab of the current appearance preferences dialog.
- In Gnumeric Jean Brefort added support for importing old Guppi graphs from gnumeric 1.0 files.
- Nate Stedman added support for shapes and backgrounds to Ease.
- In Vala Michael Terry added support for the new bytestring GVariant (GNOME bug 624986)
- Last but not least Cosimo Cecchi removed the backgrounds/emblems feature in Nautilus.
- As for GSoC students, many were at GUADEC and you should really watch the recorded GSoC lightning talks session once it’s made available…