September 30, 2012
This week… 2185 commits, in 228 projects, by 268 happy hackers (and 806 were translation commits).
- Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller added code to handle missing decoders to Transmageddon.
- A new mining activity, by Peter Albrecht, landed in gcompris.
- Stefano Facchini ported gnome-system-monitor to GtkApplication . (GNOME bug 351087)
- José Alburquerque added the Converter[Input|Output]Stream classes to glibmm.
- Willem van Engen contributed Flickr support to gnome-online-accounts, disabled by default . (GNOME bug 678151)
- In zenity, Florian Müllner added an option to set a custom dialog icon, and another option to request a dialog to be modal . (GNOME bug 684329 and GNOME bug 684322)
- Jean Bréfort updated goffice to use lasem for equation support in graphs.
- Benjamin Otte had a huge refactoring of GTK+ css code to avoid computing wrong property values.
- Krzesimir Nowak contributed config file monitoring to Rygel.
- Heinrich Müller added a rough download meter to the pan2 newsreader . (GNOME bug 102402)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew added a new dialog for importing music into the library.
December 25, 2011
This week… 1842 commits, in 176 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 233 were translation commits).
- Kai Willadsen changed meld to draw the currently displayed page area in the DiffMap . (GNOME bug 470729)
- In Eog Felix Riemann made EXIF/XMP summaries available as a sidebar . (GNOME bug 616438)
- Xavier Claessens added Windows Live oauth2 support to gnome-online-accounts . (GNOME bug 661067)
- Claudio Saavedra combined the Reload and Stop toolbar buttons of Epiphany into a single one . (GNOME bug 657655)
- Cosimo Cecchi did work on gnome-documents new application menu.
- In Evolution Milan Crha made it possible to decrypt GPG mails with anonymous recipient set . (GNOME bug 331361)
- Jonathan Matthew added extdb, a database for storing external metadata (e.g. album art images), to Rhythmbox.
- Stef Walter added system prompt and prompter to gcr.
- Giovanni Campagna reintroduced Wanda The Fish into gnome-shell.
- Jeffrey Stedfast fixed gmime with regards to multibyte sequences split between two rfc2047 tokens.
- Yasumichi Akahoshi changed Zenity documentation to use Mallard, and did new and updated screenshots to go along.
- In Banshee Bertrand Lorentz added a button to go back to the list of audiobooks . (GNOME bug 656439)
July 24, 2011
This week… 1607 commits, in 160 projects, by 208 happy hackers (and 269 were translation commits).
- Damien Lespiau added a “camera” background type to pinpoint, “It’s awesome, it lets you put pull your webcam into your presentation.”
- Gtkhtml was fixed by Matthew Barnes to get font settings from gsettings, not gconf. (GONME bug 655002)
- Richard Schwarting added much documentation to the gxml library.
- Ryan Lortie added new keyfile-based “dump” and “load” commands to the dconf cli tool.
- Felix Riemann modified the map eog plugin to parse coordinate tags directly from the EXIF data . (GNOME bug 654650)
- Some more Chinese poetry has been added to Pango test suite.
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented a first iteration of an inline preview into gnome-documents.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gitg to show “gravatar” when changing the revision.
- Nohemi Fernandez added a fullscale keyboard to Caribou, extending the US touch layout by including keys from the hardware keyboard (ie. Ctrl/Alt, etc).
- Workarounds for Microsoft Excel ODF bugs were made in Gnumeric by Andreas J. Guelzow.
- Robert Bragg added ColorMask support to Cogl, a color mask being a bit mask defining which color channels should be written to the current framebuffer.
- Support for new org.gtk.GDBus.C.UnixFD annotation has been added into gdbus-codegen by David Zeuthen.
- Paolo Bacchilega improved gthumb interaction with file-roller, now allowing to drop files from file-roller and get them extracted into the gthumb file list.
- Jonathan Matthew replaced the metadata and encoder backends in Rhythmbox by GstDiscover, a decodebin2-based pipeline, and encodebin, fixing too many bugs to list in the process.
- Arx Cruz added HTML support (via webkitgtk) into the –text-info option of zenity . (GNOME bug 598655)
November 21, 2010
This week… 1927 commits, in 202 projects, by 209 happy hackers (and 400 were translation commits).
- Christian Persch moved back the typing-break code from gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-control-center to its own drwright module.
- Owen Taylor added a new frame type to mutter for modal dialogs . (GNOME bug 592382)
- Much work happened around the gtk-style-context branch of GTK+, with many modules tentatively ported, including a transformation of the ClearLooks into a GtkThemingEngine.
- Vinagre was adapted to the new G[tk]Application API by Jonh Wendell.
- Colin Walters added support for gunichar as a new fundamental type tag to gjs . (GNOME bug 633199)
- GNOME Power Manager has been cleaned of all its UPS specific UI, to just use the battery critical action for the UPS critical state.
- Andoni Morales Alastruey updated Longomatch to only show players that are actually plaging, and to sort them on their numbers, not names.
- A new Battery & Power indicator has been added to GNOME Shell by Giovanni Campagna . (GNOME bug 622451)
- The GNOME Control Center got a new ‘Power’ panel, with appropriate power management settings.
- Libsoup has been changed to make URI username/password override cached info; this allows a page to, eg, force a logout by sending an XMLHttpRequest using a bad password . (GNOME bug 631679)
- Peter Hutterer added a wacom gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Also Tomas Bzatek started porting Nautilus aurorun code as a new automount gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Cosimo Cecchi started implementing a “open with” dialog right in GTK+, it is currently in the open-with-dialog branch.
- Last but not least Arx Cruz added a new quite featured –form option to Zenity, making it possible to build more complex dialogs from a simple command line . (GNOME bug 412493)
July 18, 2010
This week… 3273 commits, in 181 projects, by 295 happy hackers (and 427 were translation commits).
- Toms Bauģis added to hamster he possibility to click on a time bar in the overview to get to the detailed day view . (GNOME bug 623872)
- The Bastard Mode option of Quadrapassel has been renamed to “choose difficult blocks”, but it’s still a real bastard.
- Fernando Herrera added Mallard documentation to Dots, the interactive braille transcribing application.
- The calendar backend in evolution-mapi has been made fully asynchronous.
- Thomas Wood added region and city comboboxes to the new date and time control center panel.
- Aleksander Morgado contributed a feature to enable or disable selected books in devhelp . (GNOME bug 619202)
- Nate Stedman replaced the system() call by the usage of libarchive when saving documents in Ease.
- GThumb has been updated to preserve the EXIF data after lossless rotations.
- Vinagre has been migrated to GtkApplication . (GNOME bug 596733)
- Arx Cruz added a new password dialog to Zenity.
- The three-point-oh branch of cheese has been merged, rewriting Cheese in Vala and making advantage of Clutter.
- Paolo Bacchilega ported file-roller to use GSettings.
- Seed has been updated to build against the gtk 2 or gtk 3 versions of WebKit, at user choice.
- John Stowers created a gtk-3.0 branch of pygtk, to prepare a pygtk version that, while not based on gobject introspection, would still be a step towards GNOME 3.
- Aaron Bockover changed the Amazon proxy URIs of Banshee to some supporting geo-IP redirection, redirecting users to the Amazon stores appropriate for their countries.
- Benjamin Otte has been working hard on the “rendering-cleanup” branch of GTK+ 3, chopping much of the old drawing system, where cairo usage is more appropriate now.
- In GSOC land, Dragos Dena finished the snippets editor for Anjuta, Jamie Nicol almost finished implementing Last.fm radio playback in Rhythmbox, Luca Invernizzi completed the couchdb backend of Getting Things GNOME, and others also worked, of course…
February 28, 2010
This week… 2327 commits, in 209 projects, by 299 happy hackers (and 739 were translation commits).
- libgda got initial support for GObject Introspection, thanks to Daniel Espinosa.
- Empathy conversation logger can now be run as a separate process (GNOME bug 518414)
- Zenity got a –color-selection switch, to display a color selection dialog . (GNOME bug 540169)
- GNOME Screensaver got a control center extension panel, but it got reverted, most likely for the next release.
- Brasero drive selection widget has been fixed to be usable from GtkBuilder (GNOME bug 608170)
- Some minimal support for checking certificates has been added to Epiphany (GNOME bug 600663)
- GNOME Shell got notifications to point to windows demanding attention (via the urgency hint ) (GNOME bug 610594)
- gnote has been changed to allow user to decide if links are updated when renaming a note . (GNOME bug 584789)
- gcalctool was chaned to allow hexadecimal numbers to be entered in lower-case.
- Carlos Garcia Campos pushed a bonobo-less branch of the GNOME Panel, porting both gnome-panel and libpanel-applet to D-Bus . (GNOME bug 572131)
July 26, 2009
This week… 1598 commits, in 174 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 302 were translation commits).
- An example displaying geotagged photos from Flickr has been added to libchamplain.
- A “Share My Desktop” feature has been added to Empathy, it allows a contact to share his desktop over an IM stream . (GNOME bug 589091)
- The mousewheel action on Rhythmbox status icon has been made configurable, it can be made to switch to next/previous tracks, and to modify the audio volume . (GNOME bug 376863)
- Orca has been extended to prepend “mispelled” to the words marked as such in Mozilla text areas . (GNOME bug 588910)
- Anjuta Git support has been modified to show the active branch in the status bar, and to provide “git stash” features in the UI.
- gnome-power-manager removed the CanSuspend and CanHibernate D-Bus methods as there is now a patch available for gnome-session, to make it so it handles them directly via DeviceKit-power.
- Bastien Nocera added profile switching support to the volume control, and blogged about it.
- Zhang Sen, who is working on Telepathy Tubes support for the Sudoku game in his GSOC, added saving and undo/redo support.
- In another GSOC, to create a D-Bus mail service, Ian Marcinkowski commited his IMAP parser.
- GNote added a D-Bus interface mimicking the Tomboy one . (GNOME bug 581030)
- Eye of GNOME gained an option to have the detailed metadata list widget shown on its own notebook page in the properties dialog, so the dialog is smaller and fit on smaller displays . (GNOME bug 566810)
- Finally Matthew Barnes ported gnome-video-arcade from libglade to GtkBuilder, and Felix Riemann converted zenity . (GNOME bug 578393)