the first, alpha quality release of Tweet is available here.
I’d like to stress out that this is an alpha quality release; I’ve been using it for a while, now, and nothing serious like the destruction of my hard drive happened but I cannot guarantee that it won’t happen to you. you’ve been warned.
from the new-and-shiny department:
- use NetworkManager to detect a connection change
- scroll wheel support
- nice gradients on the speech bubble
- more readable datetime stamps on each status
- update the status view with just the new statuses instead of reloading everything
from the stuff-still-missing department:
- an icon — can I have an icon? please, pretty please with sugar on top?
- follow/unfollow users
- direct messages
- show a particular user
- show followers and following
- add a control to open a browser on the current status
- show error messages instead of silently failing
and finally, from the would-be-nice department:
- use Gypsy to update the location
- exporting the status archive
if you want to give a hand, just clone the repository:
git clone git://github.com/ebassi/tweet.git
and hack away!