PiTiVi 0.13.4 “Cabernet d’Anjou”

Hi all,

The PiTiVi development team is thrilled to announce a new release of the PiTiVi video editor.

Amongst the new features:

• video mixing/transparency support
  • icon view in source list
  • smoother scrolling
  • modeless splitting
  • seek on click
  • faster waveforms
  • zoom slider
  • UI beautifications
  • Speed optimisations
  • dbus/hal dependency now optional
  • translated in 30 languages

More info in the release notes , tarballs available on ftp.gnome.org and should be available on your distros any time soon (will be included in Lucid Lynx).

Update : The gstreamer-developers PPA has been updated for Ubuntu Karmik with 0.13.4 and all required dependencies : https://launchpad.net/~gstreamer-developers/+archive/ppa

19 Responses to “PiTiVi 0.13.4 “Cabernet d’Anjou””

1. fabioamd87 says:

great work!

2. Claude says:

Edward, translators would appreciate so much if you send a notice on gnome-i18n before the release…

3. George says:

Awesome stuff everyone. I’ll post this on the user group mail list.

4. Leolas says:

Nice, but.. Are you ever gonna add transition effects or similar?

5. Greg says:

Is the fact that in the screenshot the “Audio:” label next to the timeline is not horizontally lined up with the Audio waveforms worth reporting as a bug?

6. TomBous says:

Very good work! :)

7. Joseph says:

Is there perhaps an Ubuntu PPA for this?

8. asdfasdf says:

Why is the audio track label “Audio:” next to the second video track? Shouldn’t it move automatically?

9. @claude, sorry for that, we were in a rush to get out at least one version for Lucid. And since most languages have 99 or 100% translated messages, I skipped it this time. Promised, I’ll send the pre-release mails to gnome-i18n next time.

@Leolas, yes, we have a branch with transitions, but due to lack of testing and wanting to be certain Lucid would have at least a version of PiTiVi with the past 6 months of bugfixes/improvements we made this release. If all goes well we should be able to release another version of PiTiVi within the next 2 weeks with transitions.

@Greg, asdfasdf: whoops, indeed :( Can you please file a bug ?

@Joseph, We’ll update the gstreamer-developers PPA as soon as possible.

10. Leolas says:

okay, I’m happy then :D

That means that Ubuntu 10.04+1 is gonna have effects :)

11. A user says:

Nice to see PiTiVi keeps getting better, thanks! :-)

12. Congrats on the release!
    I put together a small video with some pics and audio some time ago and Pitivi did a great job!

13. tin2tin says:

Congrats. What’s the status on builds for Windows?

14. [...] Descarga | Pîtivi | Visto en | Edward Hervey [...]

15. @tin2tin: We’re going to merge Andoni’s patches for windows support before 0.13.5

Also, the gstreamer-developers PPA now has 0.13.4 with dependencies available for karmik : https://launchpad.net/~gstreamer-developers/+archive/ppa

16. Chris in Virginia says:

Ed,

Excellent work. I love the high quality improvements you make to this. I am already updated and will play with this on Saturday.

Please keep up the great work!!

17. JImy says:

this is excellent. The video and audio playback is smooth on my ubuntu 9.10, even with multiple tracks transitioning together. Much appreciated. As I don’t tend to use many effects, this is a stable video editor that I will put alot of use into, which will allow me to complete my video projects with ease on linux. Finaly, F yess. Thanks to everyone involved!

18. Brian says:

What is the status on the transitions release?