OpenSolaris 2008.11 Problem StatementJuly 30, 2008 4:17 am General
While we’re already neck deep in development towards producing a release in November, it seemed like a good idea to start putting together a problem statement for 2008.11, much like we did for 2008.05.
Back then, the problem statement stood for a set of lofty goals for what we wanted to achieve, rather than a set of hard requirements we needed to keep. It was intentionally high level and vague to provide an artistic license when deep diving on the individual items.
So, with some caveats of
- This is a first draft
- Some of the language used is no doubt poor and vague
- The numbers mentioned are stakes in the ground for spark discussion
- This is not an exhaustive list – it doesn’t try to be
- Some items are intentionally vague, otherwise they become a bug list
- Some items may be optimistic or even ridiculous – this is a reflection on the level of feedback that I’ve got so far (little), and an opportunity to contribute
So go read, and let me know what you think!