GTK+ 2.14.1 stable releaseSeptember 8th, 2008 — andreasn
GTK+ 2.14 adds new functionality while maintaining source and binary compatibility with GTK+ 2.12.
New widgets and objects
- GdkAppLaunchContext, provides startup notification with g_app_info_launch()
- GtkMountOperation, can ask for passwords when mounting volumes with g_volume_mount()
- GtkToolShell, an interface for containers of GtkToolItems
Noteworthy new APIs
- gtk_show_uri(), a replacement for gnome_vfs_url_show() and gnome_url_show()
- gtk_widget_get_snapshot(), using pixmap redirection to render snapshots of widgets
Changes in the file chooser
The file chooser uses GIO directly, loadable backends are no longer supported. Autocompletion in the file chooser entry has been improved.
Changes in printing support
The print dialog displays printer status information.
Support for rearranging pages when printing multiple pages per sheet has been added to the cups backend.
The gail module is shipped with GTK+, GtkBuilder supports accessibility attributes and GtkStatusIcon supports keyboard navigation.
The compose sequences understood by GTK+’s builtin input method have been synchronized with recent X.org compose sequences, adding a large number of new sequences.
GTK+ no longer uses translations when an application is not translated to the current locale.
- Support loading OS X icns format
- Support loading JPEG 2000 images
- Support loading and saving to GIO streams
- Use GIO for mime information
GDK uses Xrandr instead of Xinerama to provide more (and dynamic) monitor information. Font configuration changes are now picked up at runtime, without an application restart.
For more details and lists of fixed bugs, see the announcements for the 2.13.x development releases:
About 900 bugs were fixed between 2.12 and 2.14.
See the original announcement for more info and downloads.