- GNOME bug 557536: Ka-Hing Cheung noted on this blog that wmctrl wasn’t able to make Metacity windows stick. Thomas investigated and found that this is because that part of the EWMH had never been implemented. It now has been.
- Several bugs cropped up in 2.25.2 almost immediately, which have all been fixed, and we are now on 2.25.5.
- Creating Metacity Themes, which began as a post on this blog, gets its first version on library.gnome.org thanks to Murray Cumming.
- The double-click-to-close issue is still attracting comments. Gentle reader, if you want this feature, please persuade your distro maintainers to consider it and not us, since we have done it to death here. When they approve it, we’ll consider it.
- We still haven’t come to much of a consensus over the present() issue, so it may need an overview of the overview. Your chronicler suspects that the ultimate solution is going to be twofold: we probably need to change the default, and we also need to extend the EWMH to allow apps to hint which behaviour they prefer.
Around the blogs
Something to consider
- Do you think it’s about time we flipped the default of the compositor switch to “enabled”?
Till next time…