A few productive weeks

The past couple of weeks have been pretty interesting.

Bugzilla and the Bugsquad

Luis is back and diving through loads of bugs. Andrew got things
setup so that new versions will automatically and intelligently
(i.e. no 2.9.1 if you only want 2.9.x) be added when you upload a new
tarball to the ftp servers. Both of them are now assisting with the
Evolution import that Gerardo has been working hard on, and making
noise about
cleaning up unneeded keywords
. Olav has been fixing bugs like crazy.
Bugzilla statistics
for 2003 and 2004
are up, the list of bugs that bug-buddy displays
is now meaningful (though they need better summaries), and lots of people have
gone nuts triaging bugs
(3 people with over 100 bugs closed in the
last week!)

Metacity

I’ve been trying to knock the Metacity bug count from the weekly bug
summary
down below 150. We’re getting close, but we’re not quite
there yet. This also involved fixing up a few loose ends in
other modules as well.

Sebastien apparently found a whole bunch of focus stealing prevention
bugs that I was totally unware of. That was really cool. I’ve fixed
the two he reported, and am awaiting the reports for the other
issues…

I also went and put together a getting started
guide
for those who might want to try their hand at hacking
Metacity. So, if this is something you’d be interested in, take a
look at the new docs and tackle some of the tasks pointed out. :-)

Comments are closed.