So I thought I should compose a list of all GStreamer related approved Summer of Code projects:
- GNU Project: Gnome/GStreamer Desktop sound integration for Java
- GNOME: GStreamer plugins and extensions for multimedia content creation applications
- GNOME: Signal processing block for GStreamer
- GNOME: PiTiVi, an Open Source Video Editor
- GNOME: Jokosher VoIP Integration
- GNOME: VoIP and video call client using Telepathy
- Mono: Banshee – Porting Banshee to Windows
- Freevo: DVB CAM support
- Freevo: Gstreamer Integration
A big thanks to both the students and organisations involved.
Not related to GStreamer, but I found two projects I think deserve special mention looking over the approved projects.
The first is a project for OpenOffice to create proper SVG import support, I really hope this one pans out well as proper SVG support in OpenOffice would be a big step forward :
Draw/Impress: SVG Import Filter
The second project I found I noticed for somewhat other reasons, in fact I would like announce the winner of this years ‘Biggest Optimist in the Universe and Beyond 2007 Award’ to this project:
Dirac encoder and decoder.
Considering how long we have spent on getting Schrodinger up to scratch I am amazed that anyone even manage to believe they can create both a decoder and an encoder for Dirac in 3 Months.