2009 blog links collectionDecember 24, 2009 2:57 pm community, freesoftware, gnome, maemo, marketing, running, work
Looking back on 2009, I wrote quite a bit on here which I would like to keep and reference for the future.
This is a collection of my blog entries which gave, in my opinion, the most food for thought this year.
Free software business practice
- Pure software is not the only way to go
- Free Software consulting: marketing & business model
- Too many platforms?
- The value of engagement
- Estimating merge costs
Community dynamics and governance
- How do you count your community size?
- Decision making & critical mass
- Governance best practices
- Community analysis as risk management
- Football clubs and free software projects
- Barriers to community growth
Software licensing & other legal issues
- Copyright assignment and other barriers to entry
- Why I disagree with RMS concerning Mono
- Side-effects of copyright assignment
Other general stuff
Happy Christmas everyone, and have a great 2010.