FOSDEM SDN & NFV DevRoom Call for ContentOctober 19, 2016 1:14 pm community, freesoftware, openstack
We are pleased to announce the Call for Participation in the FOSDEM 2017 Software Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualization DevRoom!
- (Extended!) Nov 28: Deadline for submissions
- Dec 1: Speakers notified of acceptance
- Dec 5: Schedule published
This year the DevRoom topics will cover two distinct fields:
- Software Defined Networking (SDN), covering virtual switching, open source SDN controllers, virtual routing
- Network Functions Virtualization (NFV), covering open source network functions, NFV management and orchestration tools, and topics related to the creation of an open source NFV platform
We are now inviting proposals for talks about Free/Libre/Open Source Software on the topics of SDN and NFV. This is an exciting and growing field, and FOSDEM gives an opportunity to reach a unique audience of very knowledgeable and highly technical free and open source software activists.
This year, the DevRoom will focus on low-level networking and high performance packet processing, network automation of containers and private cloud, and the management of telco applications to maintain very high availability and performance independent of whatever the world can throw at their infrastructure (datacenter outages, fires, broken servers, you name it).
A representative list of the projects and topics we would like to see on the schedule are:
- Low-level networking and switching: IOvisor, eBPF, XDP, fd.io, Open vSwitch, OpenDataplane, …
- SDN controllers and overlay networking: OpenStack Neutron, Canal, OpenDaylight, ONOS, Plumgrid, OVN, OpenContrail, Midonet, …
- NFV Management and Orchestration: Open-O, ManageIQ, Juju, OpenBaton, Tacker, OSM, network management, PNDA.io, …
- NFV related features: Service Function Chaining, fault management, dataplane acceleration, security, …
Talks should be aimed at a technical audience, but should not assume that attendees are already familiar with your project or how it solves a general problem. Talk proposals can be very specific solutions to a problem, or can be higher level project overviews for lesser known projects.
Please include the following information when submitting a proposal:
- Your name
- The title of your talk (please be descriptive, as titles will be listed with around 250 from other projects)
- Short abstract of one or two paragraphs
- Short bio (with photo)
The deadline for submissions is November 16th 2016. FOSDEM will be held on the weekend of February 4-5, 2017 and the SDN/NFV DevRoom will take place on Saturday, February 4, 2017 (Updated 2016-10-20: an earlier version incorrectly said the DevRoom was on Sunday). Please use the following website to submit your proposals: https://penta.fosdem.org/submission/FOSDEM17 (you do not need to create a new Pentabarf account if you already have one from past years).
You can also join the devroom’s mailing list, which is the official communication channel for the DevRoom: firstname.lastname@example.org (subscription page: https://lists.fosdem.org/listinfo/network-devroom)
– The Networking DevRoom 2016 Organization Team