Update March 1st, 24 UTC: Reynaldo Verdejo is ok, the list is complete!
Update March 1st, 16 UTC: Alejandro Valdés, Fabián Arias, Carlos Ríos Vera and Germán Póo-Caamaño have been in contact with others in Chile.
Probably by now some of you know or are worried about the situation in Chile. I’m not chilean nor in Chile but I’ve been following closely due to the considerable number of good friends I have there, most of them related to GNOME.
From The Big Picture (AP Photo/Roberto Candia)
Juan Carlos Inostroza (blog down) suggested I publish the list of GNOME/Free Software people in Chile that has reported since the earthquake and are fine, here it goes:
Known, found and good:
- Andrea Orellana Palma
- Álvaro Olivares
- Alejandro Valdés (updated 20100301 @16 UTC, via Felipe Besoaín)
- Adrien Bustany (updated 20100301 @16 UTC, via pvanhoof)
- Cristian Barahona G.
- Carlos Ríos Vera (updated 20100301 @16 UTC, via his sister on fb)
- Fernando Ruiz Altamirano
- Joo Anfossi Mardones
- Jorge Bustos
- Juan Carlos Inostroza
- Fabio Durán
- Fabián Arias (updated 20100301 @16 UTC, via Andrea Orellana)
- Felipe Andres Besoaín Pino
- Fernando San Martín Woerner
- Germán Póo-Caamaño (updated 20100301 @16 UTC, via Pablo Estefó)
- Mario Gonzáles
- Miguel Angel Ruiz Manzano
- Pablo Estefó
- Pedro Villavicencio Garrido
- Ricardo Fuentes
- Reynaldo Verdejo (updated 20100301 @24 UTC, via Claudio Saavedra, Juan Carlos Inostroza)
- Sven von Brand
- Sebastián Lara
Not know, nor found, we presume good but without cellphones:
If you have been in contact with any of them, leave a comment, send a DM in twitter (@diegoe) and etc. List is not complete, I probably forgot someone, please remind me. Will update if I get news from anyone.