Just after my last commit, having managed to get gnonlin to work, I was really looking forward to hacking on PiTiVi… but we had more important priorities at Fluendo. Eventually, after doing Flumotion testing and implementing a looper component for Flumotion (something not many streaming servers out there have apparently), I was finally able yesterday to get back to PiTiVi hacking… and it works 🙂
As i expected, a lot of the code in PiTiVi involved gst-0.8 hacks. So after scraping a lot away in the Discoverer and the Playground, importing files is now fully functionnal (with thumbnails) and way faster than with 0.8
I also re-enabled the SimpleTimelineView and adjusted the Timeline interface for the new gnonlin elements. There’s still more code scraping to do, thanks to the higher-level GnlFileSource, and testing for seeking, querying, etc…
Gstreamer Media TestSuite
I hacked a bit on the avi demuxer and gst-ffmpeg in order to have segment seeking working… but after testing it on some files, I realized some fixes made other files break. Therefore, time to make a media testsuite for GStreamer that will enable developpers to figure out what goes wrong with the various files, the common problems, etc…
We have some 15gb of files (over 1700!) at Fluendo (from MPlayer, Xine testsuite, some files Ronald collected, …) which should be enough to start with.
I’ve started a wikipage with the ideas here. Everybody is welcome to add their ideas and comments. I’ve already started implementing parts of it and I will carry on this weekend.
Emma’s been working at the French primary school for a week, doing a replacement, and she really enjoyed it. She’ll be doing some more replacement next week. There might be a position opening in January… touch wood.
Been going out a lot recently… need to slow down a bit, it’s starting to get a bit too expensive. But it’s hard to say no to going out 🙂
Next wednesday, Emma and I are going to see Emir Kusturica & the No Smoking Band, really looking forward to it (Rindji Dindji Bubamara…).