Epiphany 2.15.91 releasedAugust 7, 2006 6:54 pm Announcements
Epiphany update for GNOME 2.16 beta 2
Epiphany is getting in shape for the GNOME 2.16 release. This time around, no big new features are planned but a lot of work has gone into bugfixes, polish, and keeping up with changes in Mozilla and GTK. Notable improvements are that basic support for spell checking in HTML text forms is now working, and the Certificates extension is merged into the core.
The list below covers the changes and bugfixes from 2.15.3 until the current release. Thanks to all contributors!
- Spell check support using the gecko ‘spellchecker’ extension.
No corrections context menu or language switching yet. The default
dictionary is based on applicable locale names.
- Add page security info dialogue from Certificates extension.
- Drop libgnomeprint[ui] and use gtk printing. Add our options in
a custom tab in the print dialogue. Print settings and page setup
- Add methods to EphyNode to set typed properties. This change improves the
Python API so it should be easy now to play with bookmarks.
Add https and ftp local bookmarks. Based on a patch by Celso Pinto,
- Misc fixes: 337913,
- Add a way to turn off password remembering. Bug 332374.
- Don’t crash when adding zeroconf bookmarks while bookmarks are locked
down. Bug 341379.
- Fix middle-click and ctrl-enter in the location entry autocompletion
drop-down. Bug 345934, based on a patch by johannes at sipsolutions-net.
- Make the crash recovery dialog appear on the taskbar.
Fixes bug 345010.
- copy history over when opening link in new tab/win using
context menu. Fixes bug 340742, patch by René Stadler.
- Don’t crash on error from zeroconf bookmarks. Fixes bug 343922.
- Don’t set cookies from favicon downloads. Bug 337835.
- Allow cookie list to be sorted. (fixes 337845)
- Fix crash when moving zoom widget on toolbar (338682)
- Display the find bar for “Find Next” and “Find Previous”
if it wasn’t visible already. Entry focus is handlded
with care so that use cases like incremental search work
as expected. Fixes bug 333020.
- Remove Shift+Ctrl+T accelerator, it was pressed accidentally
too often and people would lose their toolbars. Bug 328783.
- Manpage update from Victor Osadci.
Contributors to this release:
Johannes Berg, Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy, Luca Ferretti,
Crispin Flowerday, Victor Osadci, Christian Persch,
Frederic Peters , Celso Pinto, Jean-François Rameau,
René Stadler, Diego Escalante Urrelo.
Francisco Javier F. Serrador (es), Daniel Nylander (sv), Vitaly Kormilov (ru).
Ales Nyakhaychyk (be), Rostislav “zbrox” Raykov (bg), Gil Forcada (ca),
Jakub Friedl (cs), Hendrik Richter (de), Mindu Dorji (dz),
Kostas Papadimas (el), Crispin Flowerday (en_GB),
Francisco Javier F. Serrador (es), Priit Laes (et),
Iñaki Larrañaga Murgoitio (eu), Ilkka Tuohela (fi),
Christophe Merlet (RedFox) (fr), Ankit Patel (gu), Satoru SATOH (ja),
Changwoo Ryu (ko), Jovan Naumovski (mk), Øivind Hoel (nb),
Reinout van Schouwen (nl), Daniel Nylander (sv),
Theppitak Karoonboonyanan (th), Maxim Dziumanenko (uk), Funda Wang (zh_CN).