Epiphany 2.22.0 “Minus 379” releasedMarch 12, 2008 10:56 am Announcements
This 2.22 release of Epiphany brings a few architectural changes as well as some user-visible ones. It blesses us with a migration from gnome-vfs to GIO. Also, thanks to a refactoring of Epiphany’s internals, cross engine support has improved a lot. If you’re feeling adventurous, feel free to try Epiphany with the WebKit backend– but be warned, several important features, such as cookies, are still missing.
Clearing privacy-sensitive data is now easier than ever. From a single dialog, you can clear your cookies, cache, history and saved passwords. Furthermore, the download manager will now show notification bubbles if the download window is hidden and a download completes. The address entry now filters history and bookmark duplicates, an image preview has been added to the filechooser, and finally, the history window can now display the date and time of the last visit.
Thanks to all contributors, and we wish to mention that, as a result of the hard labor of all translators, Epiphany has been localized into more than 70 languages!
The indispensible little companions to your web browsing experience, Epiphany-Extensions, have been updated to version 2.22 as well.
The list below covers all development releases from 2.21.90 up to and including 2.22.0.
- Fix compilation error with gcc4.3. Bug #512027.
- HIG fixes for menu. Bug #483312
- Fix keyboard focus remaining in the location entry after entering the address. Bug #513345.
- Make middle clicking on Back/Forward toolbar buttons open again in a new tab, as it was in 2.20. Bug #513029.
- Popup the completion dropdown menu when we’re focusing the location bar with the cursor at the end of entry and we press down. Bug #340572.
- Fix back button looping through history. Bug #513803.
- Fix prompt service for xulrunner 1.9 wrt. DOM notifications. Bug #504445.
- Accept empty password to unlock a token; and allow empty new password if the requested password quality allows it. Bug #515096.
- WebKit: Implement back and forward history. Bug #506566.
- WebKit: Initial implementation of WebKit preferences.
- GConf option to disable messagebox about unsubmitted form data. Bug #516170.
- Add Undo/Redo commands to the location entry, both in the context menu and linked to the main window commands. Bug #171179.
- Make Go Up recognize HTML anchors. Bug #335631.
- Adapt to GIO API change
Contributors to this release:
Sebastien Bacher, Luca Ferretti, Cosimo Cecchi, Jan Alonzo, Xan Lopez, Thomas Wendt, Jens Granseuer, Carlos Garcia Campos, Christian Persch
Kjartan Maraas, Artur Flinta, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay, Chao-Hsiung Liao, Wadim Dziedzic, Djihed Afifi, Kenneth Nielsen, Priit Laes, Daniel Nylander, Hendrik Richter, Arangel Angov, Theppitak Karoonboonyanan,
Maxim Dziumanenko, Changwoo Ryu, Ankit Patel, Luca Ferretti, Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle, Petr Kovar, Inaki Larranaga Murgoitio, Ignacio Casal Quinteiro, Takeshi AIHANA, Wouter Bolsterlee, Gabor Kelemen, Claude Paroz, Duarte Loreto, Gil Forcada, Nikos Charonitakis, Ihar Hrachyshka, Philip Withnall, Jorge Gonzalez, Åsmund Skjæveland, Amitakhya Phukan, Žygimantas Beručka, Yair Hershkovitz, Baris Cicek, Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy, Pawan Chitrakar, Ilkka Tuohela, Reinout van Schouwen, Rahul Bhalerao, Yannig Marchegay
How to get it: