We’ll continue to post meeting minutes online but we (the board) would like a place to discuss what’s happening in a bit more detail.
Sponsors and the Advisory Board
- Advisory Board Members:
- Sugar Labs joined the GNOME Advisory Board. Walter Bender will be representing them. Check out the press release or some of the nice articles written about it. It was also pretty popular news in Twitter.
- Canonical – Rick Spencer, the new engineering manager for the Ubuntu Desktop team, will be representing Canonical on the GNOME Advisory Board.
- Stefan Kost will be Nokia’s technical representative to the advisory board. (Rodrigo Novo will be Nokia’s decision-making representative and Carlos Guerreiro has moved on to another project.
- Our December meeting was about upstream/downstream relationships. We had a lot of new members of the advisory board attending (Walter Bender, Rick Spencer, Leslie Hawthorne, Robert Love, Stefan Kost) and we were missing a lot of our regular attendees. While we talked some about downstream/upstream relationships, we ended up talking about the GNOME Foundation goals and how others organizations can relate to that.
- The Advisory Board meets once a month, and while the meetings are by invite only, we are always looking for topics that might be interesting to the advisory board members, either as input to them or things we want their input on and we try to invite all relevant people to the discussion. Please contact Stormy, stormy -at- gnome -dot- org if you have topics you’d like to see discussed!
- 2009 Funding. We haven’t sent out invoices for 2009 yet but we’ve gotten commitments from a number of our members.
- Gran Canaria Desktop Summit. GNOME and KDE had their first in person meeting to discuss the 2009 Gran Canaria Desktop Summit, the co-located GUADEC and Akademy conferences. Sebastian Kügler, Will Stephenson, Claudia Rauch, Dave Neary, Vincent Untz and Alberto Ruiz met in Gran Canaria to see the facilities and meet with the local planning team and the local government. (See Dave and Alberto’s blogs for their impressions of the visit.)
- FOSDEM. February 8-9, Brussels. GNOME will have a devroom and a booth this year again. We are still looking for volunteers for the booth. If you are interested, check out the wiki page GNOME presence at FOSDEM or contact Christophe.
- SCALE. There will be a GNOME booth at SCALE, led by Jeff Schroeder. If we get enough interested projects together, we might even have a GNOME Zone.
- GUADLAC is scheduled for March.
- OSiM USA: Approved loose relationship with OSiM as part of GNOME Mobile work. Stormy is speaking about GNOME Mobile at the event.
- For more info on GNOME events.
- Annual report. All is on track with the GNOME annual report. Once again Lucas Rocha is coordinating it. Check out the wiki or contact Lucas if you are interested in helping.
- Legal stuff:
- All taxes through 2007 filed, just in time for 2008 taxes.
- All California nonprofit paper work is up to date.
- D&O insurance obtained.
- Board members:
- Jeff Waugh has stepped down from the board in order to focus on work and other projects.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo will be joining the board as a new member for the remainder of this term.
- Reimbursements done for LGM travel, Cairo hackfest, and Latin America Tour.
- DVCS Survey: board helped revise text of survey to determine developer preferences between various DVCSs.