I think the number of different projects and conversations I am having has maxed out my multiprocessing capabilities. This week I am going to spend more time logged out of email and working on one project at a time.
- Presented at IASA. Great conversation. Very interactive group. Made a couple of local government contacts – people involved in promoting open source in government IT infrastructure.
- Attended OSS Watch phone Advisory Board Meeting.
- Worked on GUADEC sponsorship. It’s coming along well. Still waiting for a lot of people to finalize plans through.
- Advisory board meetings. Met with several more adboard members – still haven’t met with everyone though!
- Board meeting.
- GNOME Foundation IRC meeting.
- Several good meetings with Rosanna.
- Updating the Friends of GNOME gifts spreadsheet for Rosanna (ping her a lot with questions.) I sent her the list of Friends of GNOME Adopt a Hacker folks who have earned their tshirt!
- Sent new Adopt a Hacker folks contact info to people that will send them post cards.
- Settled on date and location for Meet the Funders in California. Need to finalize date for New York.
- Looked into adding conversion tracking to our GNOME ads on Google Adwords.
- Attended Women’s Caucus meeting. They will have an all day track Sunday at Libre Planet.
- Attended the Grace Hopper Open Source track committee meeting.
- Didn’t attend the OpenWorld Forum meeting as they only dial in number was an international number.
- Agreed to give GNOME keynote at LinuxTag. Johannes Schmid agreed to put together the GNOME track. Please contact him if you are interested in speaking about GNOME at LinuxTag.
- Sent out thank you email to Friends of GNOME.
- Worried about all the GNOME folks in Chile.
- I think we are almost ready to launch the Friends of GNOME ruler. At least it looks very good and I wrote an intro email for the launch!
- Students on Project Possibility picked several GNOME projects – work on Caribou and Orca.
- Worked on GNOME’s participation at Idlelo 4.
- Had a gazillion email conversations on a trillion different topics.
- Letter for annual report.
- Friends of GNOME & Google ads: conversion tracking codes and landing pages.
- Finish Friends of GNOME gift spreadsheet update.
- Make sure all GNOME events are on track and well represented by speakers. Help if I can. (Finding people, not attending them all!)
- Catch up on all my email conversations and make sure nobody is waiting on me …
I get very little feedback to these updates. Feel free to leave feedback, ideas or comments!