GLib 2.19.0 unstable releaseOctober 20th, 2008 — andreasn
This is the first development release leading up to GLib 2.20.
Overview of Changes from GLib 2.18.1 to GLib 2.19.0
- Rewrite GHashTable to use open addressing with quadratic probing instead of chaining. This has the potential to reduce memory fragmentation significantly, while being slightly faster due to better locality and no need to call alloc/free functions for nodes. Benchmarks suggest it also uses less memory overall.
- Make g_poll available as public api
- New macros g_assert_error and g_assert_no_error to assert that a GError is set or unset
- g_cancellable_make_pollfd: New method to make a GPollFD for a cancellable
- g_app_info_can_delete, g_app_info_delete, g_app_info_reset_type_associations: New functions to clean up app infos and content types
- When launching applications, always pass fuse file:// uris when possible, and let gio convert such uris back to gio uris.
33 bugs fixed in this release!
Read the original announcement for more info and downloads.