GTK+ 2.17.4 unstable releaseJuly 17th, 2009 — andreasn
This is a development release leading up to GTK+ 2.18.
Overview of Changes from GTK+ 2.17.3
- GtkEntry now has model-view separation, with GtkEntryBuffer. One intended use case for this is to support ‘secure memory’ for password entries.
- The print dialog can now optionally include the page setup controls, avoiding the need for a separate page setup dialog in many applications.
- Coloring of visited links in GtkLabel can now be turned off, with the ::track-visited-links property.
- Support for clipmasks in gdk_draw_pixbuf now works, this will introduce visual changes in code that uses clipmasks when drawing pixbufs. However, since this never worked that is unlikely to happen. Old code using gdk_pixbuf_render_threshold_alpha masks when rendering pixbufs will now produce truncated results at the edges.
- A number of regressions from the client-side window merge have been fixed.
4 bugs fixed in this release!
See the original announcement for more info and downloads.