During the 2.17.x development phase, I was experimenting with the g-p-p UI. I changed the preferences to be per-task (e.g. “display”) rather than per state (e.g. “on ac”) so we could add more configuration parameters. Yes I know, bad, bad, bad – read on…
A few people, who's opinions I respect, told me that the new preferences interface was, well, pretty crap.
I reverted to the 2.14.x style UI a few weeks ago. I also removed some configurable features from the UI (where we can choose sane defaults for 99% of the use cases) and also added one item, namely cpu frequency scaling selection.
We are very close to the string freeze, so I would like some quick feedback or suggestions for alternate wording of individual labels if they are difficult to understand or translate. Please leave comments here or email me directly. Many thanks.