My Nokia subsidized n800 arrived today, cheers guys. It appears much quicker in average use than the 770, and the software appears to have more features, be more stable and generally mature. Plus, it can read SD flash cards which means I can share cards between my camera, OLPC machine, and n800. If you've got big fingers like me, then you'll also find the “poke at it” input mode much improved. Plus the stereo sound is FANTASTIC from such a little device.
A few minor problems, that some of you may know the answer to;
- What other radio stations can be listened to on the n800? AccuRadio is not my thing, and BBC Radio 1 feed did not work. Is there a list somewhere of known working feeds, or has anyone got any specific recommendations?
- There's a lot more software packaged for the 770, but I guess that will improve with time.
- In mediastreamer my album artwork never appears – does the filename have to be something special or the size adjusted perhaps?
- The webcam image is the wrong way round (i.e. not inverted, so left is right and vice-versa) and there appears no UI option to change that.
- I've used –set-rd-flags to set the device into R&D mode, but can't seem to get a root prompt – any ideas?