Some time ago Karel Zak introduced libsmartcols (The libsmartcols library is used for smart adaptive formatting of tabular data.) and I really wanted to use it from Python and I asked to add python bindings. Few days ago I started to work on this on my own because I got some free time. I have implemented something working (only for python) and sent pull request and then I have been fighting with auto
craptools and Travis CI. I didn’tt finish it because I was getting some weird errors in Travis which I couldn’t reproduce on my laptop so I just left it as is. And yesterday I realized that would be great to get bindings for languages like perl, lua, ruby, others and I started to work on this in my separate repository (which is not related to util-linux, just bindings for libsmartcols) and now we have first release with some documentation and 3 languages supported more or less (look at examples).
“Birthday” is because today I have birthday 😉