Yorba has released Shotwell 0.6.1, an update to our digital photo
manager. We would like to thank all of our bug testers and translators for their excellent work.
It is highly recommended that all users upgrade.
Major improvements since 0.5 include:
* Basic support for RAW images, including import support for all common formats like CR2 and DNG
* Full support for working with PNG images
* Users can now zoom into photos
* A new preferences dialog
* The ability to open photos in an external editor, such as the GIMP, from within Shotwell
* Photo tags and titles are imported automatically from XMP and IPTC
* A photo trash can
* Numerous bug fixes and improved language support
Download a source tarball from the Shotwell home page at:
Binaries for Ubuntu Lucid or Maverick are available at Yorba’s PPA: