For those not following #docs on IRC and/or the gnome-web-list mailing list, here is another status update on the work done by various people on library.gnome.org.
- gnome-doc-utils documents look more like the design by Frederic Peters (created from an image)
- libgo now creates index.html.$LANG files for all the gnome-doc-utils documents.
- Uses the new gnome-doc-utils HTML output instead of XHTML (you cannot serve XHTML as HTML.. unless you make it pretend to be HTML, but IMO then you should just use HTML anyway)
- Changed a bunch of Python code to remove UNIXisms (and introduced a few bugs..)
Things that are broken:
- Some modules have hacks in their Makefile.am files, making it impossible for libgo to find the documentation
- Sometimes libgo can’t find the figures (often for gnome-doc-utils)
- gtk-doc often have missing xml files
- gtk-doc are not indexed (for now just browse http://library.gnome.org/api)
- Feature: separate user and developer documentation.
- Instead of calling it library.gnome.org everywhere, perhaps ‘GNOME Library’
- Feature: instead of one big unreadable logfile, have some kind of structured output