New update of Gnome 2.6 packages’ status. Now we have 4 full builds (i386, ppc, arm and mips) and ia64 build in progress.
Tonight I’ve built a bunch of gnome related packages from unstable on my Gnome 2.6 box to have an idea of breakages due to old widgets/DEPRECATED flags usage with the new gtk+2.4 … the results are pretty good (less than 10 build failures for about 60 packages). The detailled list of packages built is on the status page.
Nice, all seems to be going well.
Just had a gtk+2.4 debian package working after 2 days of crash for all gtk+ apps. The gtk+ build on my system links with libXft 1 and 2 … I don’t know exactly why, it seems to be a libtool problem.
BTW a pbuilder build and it works fine. I’m uploading a first package in experimental now, so we can go ahead and start to package gnome2.6. This package has some little problems (basically the faq and tutorial html files are missing from the -doc … the build-depends need to be checked) but we need it to work, so it’ll be fixed later in a -2.
Other good point on the debian gnome packaging, the new #gnome-debian chan has a lot of activity. A bunch of new members are helping, that’s really good!
Now we have a new Gnome 2.6 status page with a really cool logo, thanks handball 🙂
Ok, and the gtk+2.4 upload is now completed 🙂
Update of rubrica and gcalctool packages to new versions.
After that I’ve worked on a first version of blam! package (a RSS aggregator using mono/gnome-sharp). Not really a success …
$ ldd /usr/bin/blam not a dynamic executable
So, no automatic Depends ….
Next step, the first start :
$ blam ** (Blam:4790): WARNING **: Failed to load library ./libsqlite.so (sqlite): ./libsqlite.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
$ dpkg -l libsqlite0 ii libsqlite0 2.8.9-3 SQLite shared library
blam wants the .so file … so it depends on libsqlite0-dev (yes, you need a -dev package to run it …).
After installing libsqlite0-dev it works fine (there is some warning displays in the console but that works pretty fine).
Hum … and if somebody has an idea for the long description of the package it’d be nice 🙂
This night some new package have been accepted. Now mono, gtk-sharp and hal are in the archive!
Nice nice nice 🙂
Hum, I’m using gnome-blog-poster to write here, but apparently the title field is not considered (or not displayed on advogato/debian planet), weird …
Still trying to have the Gnome part of the BTS in a good state. This WE I’ve almost checked all the rhythmbox bugs staying here, forwarded a bunch in bugzilla and help walters to catch the problem with some m3u playlists. After that I’ve looked on metacity and nautilus bugs and updated some packages.
I’ve also started to look on mlview‘s code and made a small patch. The code is very clear and nice … dodji is really doing a amazing job here, I hope mlview will become soon a reference in the XML edition!
Today a new docbook-xml providing the support for xml catalog has been uploaded. It was a feature missing for a while, and having for sarge it really nice. Thanks guys for your work on this!
Back from Paris where I was for work. A pretty hard problem to solve with NFS (connect error on some requests).
In fact the client doesn’t receive server’s replies on port 623 … the packets are on the network (according to network analyses) but not on the tcpdump output ! After some investigations, the problem is due to intel gigabyte cards which use port 623 for some extras function (as a serial connexion on the card) and just keep all the packets on this port … so linux never receive any packet here.
Setting a TCP and a UDP server on port 623 is enough to prevent NFS to use it (NFS client send uses 600-1024 port range) and to fix the problem (… but really a hack). Does somebody know a better way to do this ?
Enough with the job. After some days away from the PC I’ve a lot of mail to read … and also some new bugs to deal with, it will do some work for the week end!.
Nice to see that some new gnome’s packages are in testing, and that dh_conf is in debhelper now (thanks to ross)!
Yesterday, before going to bed, I’ve tried to update my expired key again … and surprise this morning, it seems to have work :))
Thanks to the guys who have uploaded packages for me during this month (especially Julien Blache, Jordi Mallach, Josselin Mouette and Aurelien Jarno).
Now I have to go to work … and tonight it’s the Week End, nice 🙂
I’m not really motivated to work for few days, I’ve probably not slept enough this week. So yesterday I’ve watched “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” and I’ve found it’s a nice movie 🙂
This evening I’ve updated two packages (calctool and gucharmap), each one fix a RC bug … but I’ve not found any uploader for them atm 🙁
I’ve also help the Gnome french i18n this week by updating some po files, I hope that french translation will reach the 90% (84.99% atm) soon 🙂
Ok, that’s my first post on a blog … I’ve just opened an account on advogato, and now I can post on Planet Debian 🙂
This evening I’ve worked on some Gnome packages. Rebuilt totem in a debug version (unstriped) for a bug report on bugzilla, then checked the problem with glade-2 (4 bugs reports about some XML problems) … it’s (again) due to the missing xml catalog so I’ve forward the bug to docbook-xml. Debian really need a working xml catalog for sarge !
I’ve also updated gdesklets-data, but since my GPG key is still outdated (the expiration date has been reached during the servers’ hacks, and I’m waiting to have it updated for more than a month now …) I can’t upload it. So Jordi Mallach is uploading it for me … thanks Jordi! And I’ve just installed gnome-blog on Jordi’s advice, seems to be a nice way to post on a blog … I hope it’ll work and post this message on the right place (should be ok if you can read it) 🙂