Archives by date
You are browsing the site archives by date.
By hughsie on December 17, 2013
I’ve been using the hawkey backend on my Fedora 20 system for about 6 weeks now. In that time, I’ve found bugs in hawkey, librepo and even libsolv and I’d like to thank Michael, Tomas and Ales for all the help debugging and reviewing all the fixes. Of course, there were quite a few PackageKit […]
By hughsie on December 2, 2013
I spent a few days last week optimising PackageKit. I first added a couple of huge 350ms+ optimisations when using Hawkey. Then I turned my attention to the daemon itself and after adding a lot of profiling hooks to packagekitd, I recoiled in horror the amount of time it took to do simple things that everyone […]