gtk-engines provides a central location for commonly used GTK+ engines.
It currently supplies several engines and default themes for those which
Many thanks to Andrew Johnson, Benjamin Berg and Benjamin Otte for their contributions to this release.
This will probably be the last release before 2.8.0, and we have now
achieved our goal of converting all the engines distributed in
gtk-engines to use the cairo graphics library, including:
Crux, Clearlooks, HighContrast, Industrial, Mist, ThinIce, Redmond and
Glide (a temporary cairo replacement for Smooth for the Glider theme)
Besides this goal, there have also been numerous improvements to the
engines in this release cycle, including:
- the creation of a shared library of common functions, macros and
- vigorous testing to ensure the stability of all the engines
- and many, many visual improvements
However, there are still likely to be a few bugs left, so please do file
any issues and problems you have in bugzilla.
Overview of Changes in 2.7.8 (since 2.7.7)
Highlights in this release include:
- Add paranoia and deprecated configure flags
- Improve HighContrast (HC) engine inconsistent state check mark
- Use the base/text values for expander arrow in HC (fixes invisible
- Improve visibility/contrast of checks in HC
- Fix broken Clearlooks menu on panel check
- Implement a focus rectangle for GtkEntry
- Many other visual improvements to Industrial
See the ChangeLog for full details of other smaller fixes and enhancements.
Fixed bugs in this release:
- 349575 – C89 Fixes (Last C89 Patch to close bug)
- 350606 – Location of G_GNUC_INTERNAL breaks Solaris build
- 351057 – Leak in clearlooks_style.c