I did get a few details wrong, and people have came to me and told me, and I am very glad that I did get them wrong.
First, the legal problems were copyright disclaimers, so they’re no big deal here, typical stuff, which is a HUGE load off my mind. Thank goodness for that.
Secondly, the code is still in very bad shape and was mainly for demonstration purposes with the development team and the UI team, which is also okay; the demo actually made it look more complete than it turns out to be, which is also a good thing because it will mean lots of chances for people in the GNOME community to get involved. I am so enthused to here this!
Thanks for everyone for clearing up details for me; always feel free to reply to me and make sure that what I’m saying is correct. (I’m factually wrong all the time, just don’t sue me ;).
Edit: Also, I was told that this code may go under GPLv3, which very much excites me so this code will be truly free. This really does make me feel a whole lot better about the whole situation. Thanks again everyone.