It’s awesome. This guy loves it. So does your mom since I installed it on her laptop last night. That means you’ll love it too.
Tons of bugs fixed and new features implemented due to popular demand.
- Support for more mobile broadband devices and phones
- Plays better with stupid wifi and ethernet drivers
- Support for rfc3442 classless static routes
- The default “Auto eth0” connection is now read/write
- Compatibility fixes for 802.1x PEAP authentication and 3G/PPP connections
- Reduced wakeups for power saving awesomeness
- Ability to deny specific devices the default route
- More correct display of wifi signal strength
- Custom IPv4 settings for mobile broadband connections
- More informative display of network device state
- Less annoying password behavior in the vpnc plugin
- OpenVPN HMAC authentication and IP configuration fixes
This release fixes more than 50 bugs, including 17 from Fedora, 22 from GNOME, 6 from Ubuntu, and 3 from Debian. Packages are already in updates-testing for Fedora. If you don’t use Fedora, and your distro doesn’t have 0.7.1 soon, then you need to harrass them until they get it 🙂