I thought it might be useful to write down my goals for the following year somewhere public. That way everybody can hold me accountable. Here’s what I hope to accomplish by this time next year:
- Complete Mallard, the system that will allow us to write better user help more effectively.
- Get Pulse running in a production setup to allow us to better track our documentation.
- Completely revamp the User Guide, Accessibility Guide, and System Administrator Guide.
- Systematically review and improve all of the API references in our Platform.
- Rewrite the Documentation Handbook and the Style Guide.
- Update the Platform Overview.
- Nag the appropriate people to get a new version of the HIG.
- Drive the development of a hands-on tutorial (roughly 200 pages) on programming with Gnome technologies.
Can it be done? I hope so. Because all that stuff combined would seriously rock.
Update: Added lots of links.