Here is the first empathy release made by imendio’s maintainer script.
Empathy 0.4 is now available for download from:
What is it?
Empathy consists of a rich set of reusable instant messaging widgets, and a GNOME client using those widgets. It uses Telepathy and Nokia’s Mission Control, and reuses Gossip’s UI. The main goal is to permit desktop integration by providing libempathy and libempathy-gtk libraries. libempathy-gtk is a set of powerful widgets that can be embeded into any GNOME application.
- contact list refactoring: EmpathyContactList is an iface implemented by EmpathyTpContactList, EmpathyContactManager and EmpathyTpChatroom. GossipContactList splitted into GossipContactListStore and GossipContactListView, it can display any object implementing the EmpathyContactList iface. Make possible to set custom functions to define the groups of a contact, by default it gets the “group” property of the GossipContact object. This make possible to reuse the contact list UI from the main window for chatrooms where groups are the role/affiliation of the contact on that room.
- Auto away when gnome-screensaver says the session is idle and extended away 30min after that.
- Display ChatState when the contact is composing.
- Bugbuddy now reports crashes to GNOME Bugzilla.
- New program icon.
- Setting i18n support and importing po files from gossip.
- Add an example label for jid.
- Do not open chat window twice for the same conversation.
– Updated sv: Daniel Nylander
– Updated en_GB: David Lodge
– imported from Gossip
20 May 2007