Seems lots of users are complaining about the lack of supported protocols in Empathy. In fact all protocols implemented in libpurple are easy to enable with empathy thanks to telepathy-haze. All you need is a .profile file describing some features, the icons to use, etc.
So I’m adding those profiles by default now but I need some info about protocols I never used myself: gadugadu, myspace, qq, sametime, simple, snpp, zephyr.
1) I need to know yes or no those features are supported:
- chat-p2p – Private chat.
- chat-room – Chat with multiple users, the XMPP/IRC way, not MSN-like which is private chat where we can invite more members.
- chat-room-list – List public rooms on a server, like XMPP/IRC do.
- voice-p2p – Private audio call
- contact-search –
- split-account – account are in the form of email@example.com, in that case the “@server.com” can be omitted and replace by a default value. For example gtalk profile have that feature so you can type “myaccount” and it will be translated magically to “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- registration-ui -The possibility to register a new account on the server, like XMPP.
- supports-avatars – Does contacts have avatars, can I set my own avatar.
- supports-alias – Does contacts have alias, can I set my own alias.
- supports-roster – Is there a list of contacts for that protocol?
- video-p2p – Private video call
2) For protocols having split-account feature I need to know the default domain to use. For example the gtalk profile says to use “@gmail.com” if the user didn’t type his full ID.
3) For each of those presence I need to know yes or no they are supported by the protocol:
- offline – obvious
- available – when you are online, ready to chat
- away – when you are af, automacitally when you don’t touch your computer for a while
- extended-away – whn you are afk for a long tim, automatically set when you are away for a while
- hidden – You are online but don’t want others to know that
- do-not-disturb – You are working on other things and don’t want to chat
4) What is the name I should display for qq and xnpp?
If you are able to answer those questions please let a comment or send me and email.