As promised, some late notes on the 3rd and last day of the gnome-shell hackfest, so yesterday!
Some highlights from my partial view:
- We had a mind blowing in depth discussion about the per-crtc frame clocks idea that’s been floating around for a while. What started as “light” before-bedtime conversation the previous night continued the day after straining our neurons in front of a whiteboard. We came out wiser nonetheless, and have a much more concrete idea about how should it work.
- Georges updated his merge request to replace Cogl structs with graphene ones. This now passes CI and was merged \o/
- Much patch review happened in place, and some other pretty notable refactors and cleanups were merged.
- The evening was more rushed than usual, with some people leaving already. The general feeling seemed good!
- In my personal opinion the outcome was pretty good too. There’s been progress at multiple levels and new ideas sparked, you should look forward to posts from others :). It was also great to put a face to some IRC nicks, and meet again all the familiar ones.
Kudos to the RevSpace members and especially Hans, without them this hackfest couldn’t have happened.