I’ve just released the first unstable version of Aravis.
In this release, you’ll find:
- Support for gigabit ethernet cameras, with packet resend
- Support for a large subset of the Genicam interface
- A simple API for easy camera control
- A work-in-progress documentation
- A simple gstreamer source element
- Gobject-introspection support
As Aravis don’t have a bug report facility yet, please report any bug to me using this address: emmanuel at gnome org.
If you want to help Aravis, you can as usual report bugs, or contribute code. It would be interesting, for example, to add support for other protocols than gigabit ethernet.
Another way would be to give me access to more cameras. Currently, I can test Aravis with a Basler Sca1400 and a Prosilica GC1380 cameras, which are both B&W. Donation of other hardware, even with broken sensors, would be greatly appreciated.