Who’s new at the GNOME Foundation?
Over the past few months, we’ve been building up the Foundation‘s staff. In addition to executive director Neil McGovern and director of operations Rosanna Yuen, we‘re thrilled to welcome:
- Emmanuele Bassi, GTK+ core developer
- Molly de Blanc, Strategic initiatives manager
- Bartłomiej Piotrowski, Devops/sysadmin
- Kristi Progri, Programs coordinator
- Andrea Veri, Systems administrator
The election for the 2019-2020 board of directors is going on right now!
Where have we been?
In April we visited FOSS North in Gothenburg, Sweden and Linux Fest Northwest in Bellingham, Washington, USA. Our table at FOSS North was staffed by Kristi and Neil, and volunteers Bastian, Anisa and Stefano. GNOMEie Zeeshan Ali presented on open source geolocation. Molly and Sri were at LFNW, where Molly spoke about following through on a code of conduct. Kristi participated remotely in FLISOL. There were two hackfests in May, Rust+GNOME 2019 Hackfest#5 in Berlin and Gstreamer Spring Hackfest 2019 in Oslo. We’ll be in Portland, OR, USA in July for OSCON. After OSCON we‘ll be hosting a West Coast Hackfest, July 18th – 21st.
- We are participating in Google Summer of Code! You can learn more about our ten interns on the GSoC web site.
- Emmanuele finished moving the GTK+ development mailing list to Discourse. He also increased the reliability and usibility of CI for Glib and GTK. You can read about it on his blog.
- Kristi has been busy working with community members around the world on organizing GUADEC.
- What to know more about what‘s going on with the GNOME community? Check out planet.gnome.org.
Meet the GNOMEies!
The GNOME project is what it is because of the GNOME community. This month, we’ll be introducing you to Matthias Clasen!
Want this in your inbox?
Become a Friend of GNOME to get this mailed directly to you once a month.