Welcome to the October 2019 Friends of GNOME Update!
GNOME on the Road
- Molly de Blanc and Sri Ramkrishna were at All Things Open this past month. They both gave talks, ran a booth, and met lots of great people who were excited to learn about GNOME. They ran out of stickers.
- Neil McGovern and Rosanna Yuen attended GNOME.Asia Summit, both delivering keynotes! While he was in Indonesia, Neil also delivered a keynote at openSUSE.Asia Summit.
- Board member Carlos Soriano spoke at GitLab Commit about how GNOME uses GitLab.
- Not quite on the road, but Neil was on FLOSS Weekly. You can watch the episode on their web site.
- The GNOME Shell 2019 Hackfest took place in Leidschendam, Netherlands.
- Kristi Progri is on the road! She’ll be at Open Source Summit in Lyon, France, speaking on October 28.
- Neil McGovern just doesn’t quit! You can find him at China Open Source Con (COSCon), taking place November 2 – 3 in Shanghai, China.
If you have a GNOME-related speaking engagement coming up, feel free to drop us a line!
- Rothschild Patent Imaging, LLC owns Patent 9,936,086, and allege that photo manager Shotwell infringes on this patent. More details will be coming soon, but in the mean time you can read a bit more about it. You can also support our legal efforts by donating to the GNOME Patent Troll Defense Fund.
- There have been changes to buildbot in order to accommodate the latest release of the FreeDesktop SDK.
- You can now find org.freedesktop.Sdk.Extension.golang for FreeDesktop SDK 19.08 and io.qt.qtwebkit.BaseApp for KDE runtime 5.13.
Read all about it!
- Gaurav Agrawal interviewed Alyssa Rosenzweig about her work with Panfrost.
- Along with our friends at KDE, we’re organizing the Linux App Summit (LAS). LAS is taking place this year in Barcelona, Spain, from November 12 – 15th. Registration is open so sign up today.
As always, thank you for being a Friend of GNOME!
Photo courtesy of Britt Yazel under a CC-BY license.