August 22, 2007
The end of th Google SoC 2007 does not mean the end of development. I wish every GNOME students will continue to contribute and develop. Of course, i will continue Gnome Scan. Here is some stuff for Gnome Scan futur.
- mid September : 0.5.2 including resurected Gimp plugin, printing and bugfixes.
- end October : 0.5.3 including processing and improved preview area.
- Christmas : libgnocr development should begin in order to get advanced OCR API and UI for Gnome. This will allow to update AbiScan plugin.
This is a rought roadmap, but it shows what i have in mind for Gnome Scan and OCR in Gnome.
I also have a bunch of random feature to implement :
- scan from PDF (using poppler-glib ?)
- scan to mail
- capplet (calibration, color correction, etc.)
- evolution plugin (scan to vCard)
- gthumb/f-spot plugin (scan to albums)
- deskew for everyone
- bindings in python, C++ (for abiscan), vala, C# (for f-spot), …
- hotplug with HAL (needs huge discussion and work with SANE people).
- network sharing (again)