Hot on the heels of 1.5.0, I’ve just tagged and uploaded fwupd 1.5.1. Most importantly, if fixes the regression we recently included for an as-yet-unnamed OEM who wants to ship dock firmware. Any day now, I promise.
Other interesting things we fixed:
- Delete unused EFI variables when deploying firmware — which frees up a lot of space if you’ve ever enabled the
- Fix duplicate probe warning for the Logitech Unifying device — which was really cosmetic, but wasting resources is never nice.
- Include the amount of NVRAM size in use in the LVFS failure report — which will might let us explain some of the dbx updates failing.
- Make bcm57xx hotplug more reliable — although uncommon to hotplug PCI devices, using an eGPU enclosure (like I do for the device tests!) this needs to work!
- Recognize authorized ThunderBolt value of 2 — which we found in the wild recently.
- Remove the duplicate parent-child data in
FuDevice— although not strictly a bugfix, duplicating this data made no sense and caused confusion.
- Use UDisks to find out if swap files and devices are encrypted — which further adds more code depending on UDisks. I’ve added a
Recommends: udisks2in the Fedora package, but see the wiki if you’re running a minimal system.
As before, Fedora 33 and 32 updates in the usual places.