Well after a big bout of hacking I managed to rip six files out of Gnome-Mud and replace them with two files that do the same job in a more usable and nice manner. Previously, if you wanted to add a new mud connection to gnome mud it required 2 obtuse dialog boxes and entering in way too many options. Plus, if you didn’t check a magic check box during the mud setup it wouldn’t show up as an available mud to connect to!
Not only that, the old code barfed into the gnome-mud gconf directory and left all sorts of orphaned keys. Clearly, this had to go.
All that has been replaced with this:
If you have more than a single character on a mud it will just display that mud twice with the different character names. No more treeview-itis. The new property editor has been pruned quite a bit as well with all the extraneous settings that didn’t actually do anything removed:
Lastly, I need an icon chooser. The one being currently used out there is still gnome-icon-entry but since I spent some time purging gnome-mud of gnomeui and friends I wasn’t eager to add a dependency to them back. I ended up rolling my own and it is essentially a clone of the older gnome icon chooser:
I’m thinking about converting this to a widget and creating a button widget for it and trying to get this into GTK as a replacement for the older gnome library version.
Anyway, now on to redoing our trigger and alias ui! 0.12 ahoy!