I just released Evolution 2.21.3 (Yes we synced Evolution with GNOME version) and send a update to the evolution hackers list. Some highlights of that. Till now, we have committed
- Google Calendar support (Read/Write – You can create meetings)
- External Editor support for composer – You can use Vim or Emacs for composing
- Lots of bug fixes
I hope that I should be able to get
- Exchange Smart card support
- Non-intrusive error reporting
- Matt’s new look composer to trunk
- UAM (Unified account management) – This is the base work required to do split.
We are spending lot of effort on MAPI based Exchange connector developed in a branch (evolution and evolution-data-server). I’m not sure, if we can make it to 2.22 but surely, it can be added as a plugin later on. This connector should be able to connect to Exchange 5.5, 2000/2003/2007 servers. It is based on OpenChange’s libmapi.
I hope that things would be much clearer after a few weeks.