Anjuta used to be a bit of a disappointment and besides, who could tear Vim or Emacs out of the hands of any worth while developer?
Well, since I have been doing more and more GTK+ development lately and I don’t having the brain capacity to remember every single GTK+ function and parameter, someone told me Anjuta had both function name completion and parameter hints. So I thought I would give it another go.
To my (pleasant) suprise, it has come on a long way from the last time I tried it. Even the Glade integration is pretty nice and I was impressed with it’s autotools integration and the way it can import existing autotools projects. Just need some vim keybindings and modeline support now…
So here’s a screenshot of my first (well, maybe second) new project done entirely from scratch in Anjuta:
It’s also my first attempt at using git. The repository is published here: http://www.thos.me.uk/git/icon-theme-editor.git/
Note that it only loads files at the moment, it doesn’t edit or save them yet. Well, what did you expect, I only started it yesterday. Patches and bug reports are most welcome.