I had a doctor’s appointment on Tuesday; I told Fin and Alex about it on the Monday and asked them to drop me off there. On Tuesday they went to see this cat that I mentioned earlier, and came to pick me up afterwards, and as I also mentioned we decided to go out to eat. I’d thought that meant after the appointment, and I was so sleepy I fell right asleep. When I woke up, we were coming up to the restaurant, and I was faced with the dilemma of whether to say, “But we’re missing my appointment” (and go back, have missed the appointment anyway, and have ruined the meal), or to keep quiet for now. I decided to keep quiet. Either way I’d have to pay for the missed appointment.
The next day I phoned the doctor to reschedule and they were very apologetic: they said, “Oh, we were trying to contact you: the doctor was off sick yesterday. We’ll phone in a refill for you.”
I didn’t go to see the cat after all on Wednesday, because she behaves nothing like our cat did and doesn’t respond to her name, and people were afraid I’d give a false positive because I miss our cat so.
I spent much of the evening writing about GMarkup instead of fixing bugs.
I also had a very interesting email, which I might tell you all about later.
This morning, the company has given us all bags of love heart sweets and teddy bears. Thank you to the people who left comments for me on valentinr and places like that! If anyone sent one of those mutual things where you have to send another of the same kind in order to see them– well, I didn’t send any like that, so I won’t see them.
Fin, Alex: I am going to get you trees. But it is too cold to plant trees, so later in the year I will get them.
- Ande discusses why the current XKCD is actually hopeful. Well worth reading. “Love is not enough. In fact, that’s not what love is for. Love isn’t for curing people. Love isn’t for fixing everything.” Trigger warning: suicide, self-harm, etc.
- Fin’s awesome curried chicken recipe. Warning: also contains a picture of my tummy, in case pictures of tummies are not safe where you work.
- That guy from Torchwood in an anti-homophobia campaign.
- What would happen if you bought 25 bottles of Nyquil?
- I hesitate to link to this in a public post because it depicts sexual activity, but this is one of the most beautiful illustrations I’ve seen for months.
- A discussion of the interrelationship between advertising and gender in western culture.