git-phab got tons of improvements last days, thanks to Thibault Saunier.
- New “browse” command to open tasks and differentials links. With no arguments it opens the task if your current branch is in the form “TXXX-description”. Otherwise it can be passed a list of task ids, differential ids or commits. For example:
git phab browse T123 D345 HEAD bc287c9
- It uses argcomplete for bash completion, but seems to work only if writing “git-phab <command>” and not “git phab <command>”. Ideas how to improve this?
- The “attach” command can now create a new task on phabricator when current branch is not associated to an existing one.
- The “attach” command now proposes to create a branch with a name in the form “TXXX-description” if current branch isn’t in that format yet. That makes easier to update the patchset later since the task will be guessed from the branch name if no –task argument is passed.
- It is now mandatory to have a “.arcconfig” file in your git repository with at least “phabricator.uri” and “project” keys. The “attach” command will use that info to set the project on new differential/tasks.
- The default commit range for “attach” and “log” commands is now from the head of the remote tracking branch to HEAD. Instead of being hard-coded to “origin/master..HEAD”.
- If your “.arcconfig” contains a “default-reviewers” key, it will be used when –reviewers argument is not specified.
- More ideas for future improvements has been filled in our backlog. Help and feedback is welcome.