Sponsors and the Advisory Board
- Our April meeting was about GNOME 3.0 and deprecation plans.
- 2009 Funding.
- In person Advisory Board meeting at the Desktop Summit will be Tuesday, July 7th.
- Joe “Zonker” Brockmeier has joined the advisory board as Novell’s representative.
Conferences & Events
- There was a GNOME Mobile meeting at the Collaboration Summit.
- Upcoming events:
- GUADEC & Akademy. Canary Islands, Spain, July 8, 2009. Website is live, general schedule is ready. The AGM meeting will be on Wednesday, July 8, 2009.
- Shaun McCance is planning a GNOME documentation hackfest at the Open Source Documentation Conference that will be funded by Intel.
- Libre Graphics Meeting: The GNOME Foundation is sponsoring LGM by handling their donation process for no fee.
- Passed on an OSiM Taiwan speaking opportunity to the GNOME Mobile group.
- For more info see GNOME events.
Other stuff going on:
- Friends of GNOME:
- $3,316 in April! For a total of $10,027.13 since January 1.
- All Friends of GNOME gifts for those that signed up before Apr 15, 2009 have gone out.
- Please consider showing your GNOME love and signing up!
- Hackerthreads now has polo shirts and hats with the GNOME logo in stock.
- GNOME has won Linux Journal’s Readers’ Choice award for the “Favorite Desktop Environment”.
- Sent out a statement of support for GNOME 3.0 planning.
For more administrative detail, you can also read the Board of Directors meeting minutes.